The Biggest Problem with MV's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

The Biggest Problem with MV's

I'm not well-off and couldn't afford my F41000 at all, but thought that even if I lost money on it, I would keep it for just 1 summer, just so I had the satisfaction of having onced owned one of these hallowed machines (I'm old enought to have lusted after the 750S America in the 70's). That was 2 1/2 years ago now, and I still can't bring myself to sell it. After all, where do I go from here? What's better than an MV? (apart from maybe 2 MV's). Whatever I look at now just falls so short of the mark in comparison. Maybe all I can do is go for something SO different, I'm not having to campare it with the MV all the time. So that's it, I'll either have to keep her for ever or be doomed to buying a Honda 50 scooter!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:19 AM

true! i like the bmw s100rr, but consider it a downgrade from my mv--especially now that they released pricing ($13k).

my next bike will be something large i can tour in--like a goldwing or bimmer (maybe the replacement of the k1200lt, whatever it may be).

but i'd keep the mv!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
i am with both you guys. If i get another bike (that isn't an MV) it will most likely be a motard that i can tool around on to work, or go out and learn how to slide the back end around, either way, in my mind MV is the bike made just for me.

But...maybe there will be a motard/single down the road from MV...here is to hoping!!!

Great post!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 09:07 AM

I dont think like you guys at all. I dont think the Beemer as a downgrade. Sure in looks an exclusivity yes but that is not the main reason for getting my MV. I was a big fan of Senna and I was always curious about what it would feel like riding one...looks also played a major part but not the only part.

My next bike is definitely the Beemer. I think from an engineering point of view I have always loved Beemer. And now they are applying that to their motorbikes and it looks like it is a stunner for their first attempt...and with that price it is an absolute no brainer.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Established Member

How about a Husqvarna SM610 supermotard? It was previously owned by MV (now BMW), and has the same suspension/brakes, but in a motard package.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 03:37 PM

how about a Bimota DB5? That way you can have 2 bikes in one. A Bimota frame and a Ducati engine.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 03:58 PM

ive rode the aprillia and its very good!!!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM

Personally, I don't think there's anything better and an MV - even a new MV. Until this April, I had planned on keeping my F4S at least until a new model came out and perhaps having both. Regrettably, after the second radiator leak, another 30 days in the shop, and lack of warranty, I decided I had enough. I considered a left over 312R but it's really not much of a difference to me compared to my F4S. So, I went with the Ducati 1198 simply as a "fill-in" until a new MV arrives. I'm really happy with it but wouldn't consider it an equal to the MV in terms of the overall joy of ownership (althought, it's easier to ride).

Otherbikes don't really interest me much. I'm sure they have the performance advancements over the MV (like the RSV4 and SS1000RR) but if I'm looking for a performance benchmark, I'll stick with the Japanese. They won't have the overall joy of ownership for me that an MV has. So, my bike wish list is very, very short.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
The Machinist

The Biggest Problem with MV's

OWNERS!!!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 PM

Biggest problem? Same as the rest of you.. After the mv it gets really expensive to fine the same excitment. I do like the bimota line but man droppin dollars! Just out of reach for me...

And the owners are all stuck up arrogant pricks

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode