First experience - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

First experience

So I am calling around to find this Seal for my oil leak. And I call the Reno, NV dealer ( I think only called all in the states) and I was transferred from the euro bikes parts dept. to the Harley parts dept! I was talking to the lady and said well I know Harley bought them but I am shocked I would be transeferred from the sport bikes to them never thought I would see a MV next a HOG. She said they are not sold side by side but they now handle all the parts stuff. Sadley the Harley stereo type prevailed. While talking to her I almost had to describe the bike while getting the feeling of disconnect while we were discussing this seal. In the end she finally just said I have nothing here for the MV and not sure when I will and basically she was lost to what I was asking for and to just call another dealer and the MV line was put on her soley because of the buy out! so that is that! I would however like to give a big A++++ to Part Clark in Las Vegas for being the only dealer that I tried to explain where the leak was coming from that said let me scan the parts breakdown page and email it to you then you call me back and we will know what we are both talking about. After having the wrong seals sent to me because the parts guys at other places were confused that I did not want to open the water pump housing I wanted the seal/O-ring behind it where the shaft mates to the engine. And the other A+++ was Bellevue MV in Seattle, Washington ordered the seal from the warehouse and had it dropped shipped straight to me free of charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 06:40 PM

We probably need to start a "Hero" and "Zero" dealer section on this forum, give credit where due and support the dealers that are actually out to help the customer.

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_clarkie View Post
We probably need to start a "Hero" and "Zero" dealer section on this forum, give credit where due and support the dealers that are actually out to help the customer.
I second that suggestion.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:29 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Third.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 PM

If you're in Iowa, why call NV?

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
RT1
Established Member

what did you do with the pump housing seal?? can you send it to australia?? there are none in oz
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

the reason I called NV because the closest dealer for me is IN chicago 3hrs. but they were trying to get me to by a whole set up of seals I didnt need. I called quite a few places for this seal and Pat Clarks in Vegas is quite a dealership with a lot of nice things that caters worldwide. The reason I did not buy the seal from them was because they need $5 for shipping to them and then $4 to ship to me its a dollar seal. Seattle where I bought the bike is pretty good about cutting through the chase and just doing what needs to be done.

The pump housing seal is just sitting here with me Its the oil side not the coolant side. is that what you are in need of? I am told almost all dealers have the pump housing seals.

EDIT: I called AZ and they answered the phone on Monday but wouldn't sell me anything because they were closed I asked why answer the phone. I asked if I was to buy a bike would make that deal happen he said not till tuesday. Other dealers said their parts guy was gone and no one could help me out or wouldnt let a mechanic on the phone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode