MV Agusta Forum banner

Restoring #25 Senna back to her former glory

11K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  Stv91 
#1 ·
I have another project to start working on. I just picked up a 2007 F4 Senna #25. This bike was owned by George several years ago. I think around 2012 he sold it to this kid. Needless to say that this kid did not take great care of her. I will post some pics tomorrow. I spent 12 hrs on the road coming back from a job in Florida. Now i have a 40th birthday party for a friend to attend so the Senna will have to wait until tomorrow. Some pics might be scary to us MV fans.

PS unlike the Tambo which I was not able to keep. This one is staying with me.:grin2:

#2 ·
R1 - subscribed with interest. The scenario you outline is, unfortunately, not an uncommon one these days. With prices tanking like never before, the upshot is that the "yahoos" will eventually start buying them as throwaways so that they can say in the meantime that they have an MV. Even if it doesn't start out that way, the end is always the same.

We lust after our bikes for what they are so, if we have to spend money on them, it oftentimes doesn't matter if what we have into a bike is more than what it is worth. This, however, is not the common case these days and, as prices continue their freefall, nice and perhaps "semi rare" bikes will continue to get trashed. I see this all the time.

#4 ·
:f4::smoking::friday::heart:>:):yo::mouthwate

just sayin'

#5 ·
Just love the Senna.... How do you find these things??

Oh well.... not in my budget anyway.

#13 ·
#9 ·
Hahaha Believe me Melissa is not the only wife thinks he’s a bad influence when it comes to motorcycle purchasing. He still has one in my garage. I’m pretty sure some sort of statute of limitations is about to run out and I’m going to own it soon.:D

#7 ·
Here she is. He taped the mirrors when he transported her from storage to his house earlier in the week. Currently she is not running. Does turn over, I am thinking it is the fuel lines in the tank. Last two pics is the items that came with her. New panels and parts. I have found a few scratches on them since they have been in storage for years. Not in the boxes. Most likely in the way and having to be moved around at times. My plan is to place her back to mostly stock. I do not see at this time a need to replace the water lines or remove the muzzy fan blades. Not sure if I can have the tank fixed or just leave it and keep on the lookout for a replacement.

Attachments

#12 ·
So far I have given her a wash down. Changed the oil. The old oil was very dark. Glad the bike did not run, so that crap was not going through the engine before I got to purchase her.

Fuel line was off in the tank and it has to be replaced. It is turning to sludge and I am not sure if it is a line which should be inside the tank. Then I find all the crap stuck to the bottom of the tank. She going to be soo happy when I am done with her.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
Looks like that bike was kept outside. In a lake. Shameless.

I think the first thing I would do is to at least find the graphics

#15 ·
I think the first thing I would do is to at least find the graphics[/QUOTE]

Finding graphics could be a challenge. The tank on my mamba has the same silver MV Agusta logo. Which I was able to order 3 of, from my MV dealer. The problem, the decal appeared to be at least 10 years old. It was so bad my painter couldn’t use it, but he was able to scan one and used that as a pattern to airbrush the logo on the tank.

Glad to see you’re rescuing this one. I really like the first gen red-frame bikes (sennas, Agos).

#18 ·
I think most of the Senna's went over to the states, I believe 13 came into the uk.
But there have been a couple for sale here recently all for about £20000.
Hope you manage to restore it back good luck and I will watch the post.
Will you return it to standard, mine has the red samco hoses, dark screen and indicators, rg3's, decat and race filters.
Just going to change the ecu as well.
Have all the original parts stored though.
Good luck ?

#21 ·
So far I have got the new panels all cleaned up. Washed her down. She is now ready for detailing. I took my tank off Mona since I am going to be replacing the fuel lines later this week. Hooked the tank up to the Senna and she runs just fine. Going to head to a paint shop tomorrow to see what they say about the tank and airbox.

#22 ·
Presume you know that the in tank rubber lines are made of a special and expensive rubber so that they can stand up to the constant submersion.

#25 ·
That sludge in your tank is the rubber dissolved off the fuel lines.

I plan on shipping your kit today.

Reactions: R1andrew
#34 ·
Andrew, if you have already gone through all of that on your carrier, then you will probably have to remove the clear coat as it is stained.

So I would remove the clear, polish to the finish you enjoy and then re-clear.

Or go have it anodized.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.