Ideal Brembo RCS ## for stock Nissins (750S)? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Ideal Brembo RCS ## for stock Nissins (750S)?

Finally fed up with the shock of swapping bikes from the Ducati with that insane system, my other bikes are terrifying. So rode a Griso with nothing but the stock P4.30 axial calipers and an RCS 19 and its insane how much difference just a $350 MC kit (banjo, mirror mount and reservoir inc) makes.

I see a 17/19. Anyone research and compare the difference on those older calipers? Idiots guess would be that the 19mm is going to be most aggressive, or more of a fit for a caliper with a larger volume, etc. Wondering if the 17 would be more ideal for a canyon carver/street machine given the small calipers or just go 19. I dont really need to get the back wheel off of the ground with one finger, just want better feel and leverage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:09 PM

New Site Garage
Can't comment on he Nissins but an RCS 19 made a huge difference in power and feel on mine. No longer have to continually bleed them either. Not a great fan of the std. master cylinder. Bit more stuffing around with the Brembo re brake lines and mirrors. Can't use the std. mirrors unless you make/buy adaptors which makes the bars a bit crowded (and they don't look right either cos of the mirror base). Brembo do master cylinder clamps for std. 8mm, 10mm mirrors. Yamahe MT-09 or 10 mirrors suit ok or go bar ends.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thankfully Im on an F4 so dont need to accommodate for mirrors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:11 PM

New Site Garage
No worries. You'll love the Brembo compared to the Nissin. The banjo bolt is a different thread pitch so if you order don't forget the bolt too, Nissin one's no good for the Brembo.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 01:31 AM
Established Member

Some of the more technically inclined guys can correct me if I'm wrong but from my limited knowledge you can't just slap any MC on there. You need to match the MC to the piston size of your caliper.

As such I would personally go the route of replacing the calipers and the MC. The Brembo M4 matched with a 19RCS would be excellent and not to mention easier to get then a M50/17RCS setup.

'12 F4RR CorsaCorta, '12 F3 675
'18 Ducati Xdiavel
'15 Triumph Daytona 675R -
new toy

Previous-Sold...That I remember
'05 Yamaha R1
'09 Yamaha R1
'12 BMW S1000RR
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:21 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
He has the axial mount Nissin calipers (earlier model F4s and Brutales)....Fork bottoms required to change to radial calipers. $$$$

Just go with the 19.... It will stop.

May need to learn to use less pressure, but that's going to happen regardless of MC piston size since the Brembo (of either size) will make more pressure than the Nissin.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav777 View Post
Some of the more technically inclined guys can correct me if I'm wrong but from my limited knowledge you can't just slap any MC on there. You need to match the MC to the piston size of your caliper.

As such I would personally go the route of replacing the calipers and the MC. The Brembo M4 matched with a 19RCS would be excellent and not to mention easier to get then a M50/17RCS setup.
That is why I was asking if anyone had any experiences with the two piston sizes.

Its a hydraulic system, its just a relationship just like the sprockets on our chains. Make one side bigger and its impact on the other side is "faster." I dont need the large monoblocks on the other end, but if I did get them I would absolutely need a bigger master to compensate

My worry would be if I put the 19 on those smaller Nissin calipers my lever travel is a half inch from nothing to full lock-up. Was hoping to hear from someone who can either say, "Yeah I run XX MC with my Nissins and its perfect" or "Holy shit the 19mm makes my front lock up when a butterfly flaps its wings in China, get the 17."

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:43 AM

If anyone is interested i have a very nice x-cel braking pressure sheet that will do the math for you on getting that just right feeling. shoot me a PM with your email.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I think I might have lucked into what I am looking for. Looks like Braketech does kits to mount those same nissin 6 pots to other bikes as upgrades and it looks like they are recommending a 17x18mm MC and only the 19mm for the later 4 pot design.
dav777 likes this.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 06:01 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
RCS 19 on my 2006 with the early Nissin calipers transformed the braking nicely powerful and progressive and lost that 10mmfree space before the Nissin master cylinder bit.

Had to file a slight piece of the clip-on for the master cylinder to fit without fouling switch gear see pic
Attached Images

Keep your MV in good repair: motorcycle boots are not designed for walking.

Last edited by AgustaRod; 10-20-2019 at 06:03 PM. Reason: addition spelling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in