TWO magazine article - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

TWO magazine article

The latest issue of TWO magazine has a test of 4 European bikes including the 1078 F4 and they did not like the bike. They said it was a disappointment. I think they may have gotten a lemon but since I haven't ridden the new bike I don't know. One thing that confused me was a statement about the riding position being cramped. I'm 6'2" and don't feel cramped on my F4. Did they change something on the new bike chassis wise? Of course every magazine looks at a bike differently. It's funny the original 312 won the Masterbike shootout and now TWO says the new one is a disappointment. Go figure.

Last edited by number2; 06-28-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 10:57 AM

Another reason not to trust or read magazines but to go and form your own opinions about the bike.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 11:08 AM

I have just bought a new, old stock F4 1000r, and I have just read the article.
I bought my MV because it was a thing of beauty and I have always wanted to own one.

But the game has moved on...........as the article says, the fuelling is poor (like an early SP 1) the riding position is cramped (try a KTM RC8) and the suspension is great for tracks but not so hot at handling UK roads (try a new blade)

I think the article is spot on, but it still has not put me off my purchase.

Every time I open the garage, I feel excited.......you don't get that with a 'normal' superbike!

John.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Funny you mention the RC8 being cramped. The article specifically stated the RC8 was a roomy ride.

I read all the latest articles on the new Yamaha R1 and it's amazing how different each article was. They ranged from disappointing to the best bike on the road.

I feel the same as you Fatboy, I get a real kick out of riding my 07 and could care less about what the article says.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Established Member

Think they had a pretty dodgy example to test- although having ridden three of the bikes tested and owning a 1078 I sort of agree with some of the comments (fuelling, grabby clutch!)! MV is fine in isolation but when compared directly with competitors there are some issues.

Having said that I couldnt give a toss what others say. I love my bikes full stop.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Established Member

Most Magazine articles are bullshit!!!!!

That New R1 is a joke 142rwhp is the general rating that the R1 is getting, sorry you are not going to beat anyone with that sorry hp performance, road racing are drag racing!!!! Personally I think the best Liter Bikes on the market are the gsxr 1000, M.V. F4, ZX-10, and the Ducati 1198 , all 4 of these bikes make great rwhp## and provide one hell of a power plant!!!!

The very first R1’s were great bikes, but they have been falling every year scene then, it’s all $$$$$ spent on advertising.

What Magazines’ where the articles published???

I own a 2002 Ducati 998, and the beauty of that bike is the raw performance, and classic styling of those early 9 series bike, and the F4 feels like a better more powerful version of those early duc’s in every way. Very powerful power band, awesome handling, with great front end feel, and she’s not a push pin, piece together bike “”””A Solid Motorcycle””””.

Also, I own a 2006 GSXR 1000, and let me tell you that is one hell of a motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy fast!!!!!!!!!!! Very Raw Performance!!!!!!!!!!! Great handling, and again Crazy Fast!!!!!!!!! And I haven’t lost to any R1 on that bike, the new GSXR has a 10+rwhp advantage on that r1 with its “””Cross plane “””bull shit crankshaft, and it’s variable intake stacks”””, please that’s a bunch of shit you have to put on a engine just to make it turn decent lap times, Yamaha your Sorry!!!!! Get a real engine, and put that in your great R1’s chassis, then you may have a liter bike!!!!!!!!!!!

M.V. Agusta F4 is the greatest superbike still out on the market today, and every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motorcycling is “Art in Motion”
2002 Yellow Ducati 998 "For Sale"
2002 Yellow Aprilia RSV Mile R "For Sale"
2002 Yellow Suzuki TL1000R “Full Custom Sport Bike/195rwhp/N.O.S.” "For Sale"
Armin van Buuren “State of Trance get any year"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 AM

I havn't read the articles, but they may well be right. Some of the new 1000's are amazing bikes. What makes the MV still better in our eyes is the whole package. Design, looks and exclusivity. I love my F4, yes it's a 750, yes it's 4 years old, but like fatboy916 says everytime I go in the garage I look and stare and leave smiling!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 AM

I think...

it IS cramped. Im 6 2 and it is cramped. Might get some rearsets to cure this, but it's still going to be cramped.

Fuelling IS duff. It burbles and lurches at a couple of grumpy flat spots, HATES sitting at 30/40mph speed limits, and has two distinct HOLY SH*T power areas.

Clutch IS grabby, town riding is torture, mini roundabouts require extreme prejudice. Pulling away without a bucking-horse effect requires more concentration than the average sports bike.

Suspension IS track focused and grumpy on UK B road type riding. Get a smooth, beautiful bit of tarmac and suddenly you're invincible.

BUT - I knew all these things, I bought it anyway. I sat on the new BMW S1000R at Donington and it feels like a Pan European riding position in comparison to the MV. It's a bit of an animal, but that's part of the fun of owning it. 2009 sportsbikes are becoming increasingly usable, maybe if I ever want a more relaxed, smooth riding experience I'll switch. For now I'm enjoying the raw experience of owning such a fantastic, raw and beautiful bike.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 06:36 AM
RT1
Established Member

i'm about 6'1'' and i feel a little cramped on the mv when tucked in under the screen.....need to be able to slide my ass further back.....
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo1000r View Post
Most Magazine articles are bullshit!!!!!

That New R1 is a joke 142rwhp is the general rating that the R1 is getting, sorry you are not going to beat anyone with that sorry hp performance, road racing are drag racing!!!! Personally I think the best Liter Bikes on the market are the gsxr 1000, M.V. F4, ZX-10, and the Ducati 1198 , all 4 of these bikes make great rwhp## and provide one hell of a power plant!!!!

The very first R1’s were great bikes, but they have been falling every year scene then, it’s all $$$$$ spent on advertising.

What Magazines’ where the articles published???

I own a 2002 Ducati 998, and the beauty of that bike is the raw performance, and classic styling of those early 9 series bike, and the F4 feels like a better more powerful version of those early duc’s in every way. Very powerful power band, awesome handling, with great front end feel, and she’s not a push pin, piece together bike “”””A Solid Motorcycle””””.

Also, I own a 2006 GSXR 1000, and let me tell you that is one hell of a motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy fast!!!!!!!!!!! Very Raw Performance!!!!!!!!!!! Great handling, and again Crazy Fast!!!!!!!!! And I haven’t lost to any R1 on that bike, the new GSXR has a 10+rwhp advantage on that r1 with its “””Cross plane “””bull shit crankshaft, and it’s variable intake stacks”””, please that’s a bunch of shit you have to put on a engine just to make it turn decent lap times, Yamaha your Sorry!!!!! Get a real engine, and put that in your great R1’s chassis, then you may have a liter bike!!!!!!!!!!!

M.V. Agusta F4 is the greatest superbike still out on the market today, and every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aren't "all vee twins slow"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode