Need your advice guys please! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Need your advice guys please!

So I left my bike in to get the speedo fixed last week. I asked if I could get some prices for a back tyre. It was pointed out that the front would also benefit from a new one. So I asked to price for the Michelin 2CT tires as I had them on my Fireblade and loved them.
Im sorry to say I am not very happy with what I got.
1. The tires were put on the bike without ringing me with the prices. This is not a hugh problem I guess but I wouldnt have minded knowing how much it was going to cost.
2. The tires that were put on were Michelin Pilot Road2 2CT tires. I didnt categorically state that I wanted Michelin Pilot POWER 2CT tires but I assumed that these would be the ones provided. The ones that were fitted are a Sports/Tourer type tyre, and I think you would agree that the MV isnt a Sports/Tourer bike.
3. The back tire that was fitted was a 190/,were as the previous tire was a 190/55. I would have liked this size to remain the same size.
4. This is the part that Im most annoyed at. The back wheel has a little chunk of the paint taken of it during fitting. On the right side ride side of the bike if u are looking from behind. So it is easy to spot.

So what should I do? I only noticed this when I go home. Do I have a case for gettng new tires fitted. Also what about the damage to the wheel? Would you be happy with it only being touched up with black paint. I am ragging!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:00 PM

Dang, I'd be looking to take it elsewhere after they screwed up your rims. That's pretty bad! I'd go back down and talk to them - don't call them - just turn up and put them on the spot. Don't be too casual about their fuckup - tell them your upset and they owe you. They did screw up your wheel so they had better be accommodating about the tire change.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Bastards! I would go to the shop on their busiest day, calmly demand that they fix or replace everything they did wrong or screwed up. If they give you any flack start raising a little more hell until they fix it or have to call the cops to have you removed. This is your $20,000.00 machine not thiers. Remember start calmly but do go directly to the service manager. Just bacause one his mechanics is an idiot doesn't mean he is, but he might be. Good luck
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM

That is a bummer to hear mate. I agree with what Debrun and white have been saying. It is absolutely unprofessional to to mention highly unacceptable about their nonchalant attitude.

Also I am not a fan of Michelins but since my brother installed them once on his Ninja, be careful because it did rub against his front mudguard and I think I remember someone else on this forum having similar issues with the tire rubing against the bhugger and the front mudguard. I am a Pirelli/Bridgestone man myself and I have never had any issues with either of them.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The back tyre is nowhere near the mudgauard now since it is a 190/50. The front is very close to guard I have to admit. They should have rang me before the installed them to tell how much and what exact tyre it was. I am just a little worried that they will say you should have said these things before you left the shop. But since I saw 2CT on the tyre I believed it was the correct one.
I have been reading up on the tyres that they put on. The reviews are says how good they are in the wet and how they have great durability, great for touring as they give even wear. My bike will never see the rain! Dont give a damn about durability as long as they stick to the road like shit to a blanket. Touring, what the hell is that? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Im so angry right now. I feel my bike has been tainted a bit, it was mint going into their show and it doesnt feel as special now.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems, Mano. I assume it was our local MV dealer you are referring to- personally, I would have went to Hurst's @ Queens Island; they know their stuff and are kind to rims !! I would agree with our friends and raise merry hell with the culprits- fitting tyres without your consent is a big No-No ! Unfortunately, I assume you have paid for them, so legally you may be on thin ice- I'll PM you & we can meet up.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:52 PM

Hey mano, one thing you can throw at them.. Why would they not replace it with the same tyre type they removed? Don't make it sound like your fault - just say something along the lines of, common sense would have you change it for the same CT power and not downgrade me to a touring tire.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrun View Post
Hey mano, one thing you can throw at them.. Why would they not replace it with the same tyre type they removed? Don't make it sound like your fault - just say something along the lines of, common sense would have you change it for the same CT power and not downgrade me to a touring tire.
Now thats a good point, will remember that tomorrow when I going mental in their shop. Its probably a good tyre but its not what I asked for. The rim is what Im really angry about. How much is a back rim? Say £1000 for talks sake. And what are they going to do with it? Touch it up with some black paint. Awesome!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Mano View Post
Its probably a good tyre but its not what I asked for. :
It may very well be a good tire, but NOT necessarily appropriate for your MV. It might do if you don't hit the extreme edges of the tire, but if you do, wouldn't you want the extra grip of the Pilot POWER?? I think this is as big an issue as the chunk they took out of your rim.

I'd go in when they're not slammed and calmly demand to know how they mean to rectify the situation. If they don't have a reasonable solution, I'd start to get progressively angry until they DO solve the issue.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 10:33 PM

They must switch your tires to the ones you want, period. Be human, be understanding, give them the benefit of a doubt, allow them to correct their mistake...piss them off and then you're fighting a battle of ego and will and the tire issue will go right out the window. At the same time, don't back down...while remaining friendly. They'll find a home for the tires they take off with 25 miles of wear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode