Better Braking for the MV F4 1000S - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By MVBERT
  • 1 Post By Turbo329
  • 1 Post By Turbo329

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Better Braking for the MV F4 1000S

Last weekend I used the EBC EPFA424HH (EP = Extreme Performance Series). These pads worked great and I used Maxima 600* F racing brake fluid. The brakes were the best they've ever been and there was absolutely no fade whatsoever. They felt just as good as more expensive braking setups that I've ridden.

If any of you out there are struggling with the brakes on the 1000S ( I know I was for a while), give these pads a try along with the high temp racing brake fluid. Bleed the system and I think you'll be pleasantly surpised.

Note: The EPFA424HH are not marketed specifically for the F4 1000S. Although the FA424HH is (standard sintered pad) listed as compatible. The EPFA fits the calipers with no issues. The pad material is slightly more abrasive and plentiful.

People have knocked EBC pads for years. I've used pretty much every pad available and trust me when I say that these are excellent pads! I run them on my H2 as well because the OEM pads go out of stock freqently and quite frankly, they don't last long at all.

2005 MV F4-1000S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:50 AM

Thanks for the tip. I could use these in my F4 750 as we have the same brakes, Nissan triple pistons don't we?.

Unless I am looking incorrectly these show up for 2 pistons not 3 pistons, can you post a link please?
esq'z me likes this.

F4 750 1+1 2000 model

Last edited by MVBERT; 05-04-2019 at 06:59 AM. Reason: More info
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
Thanks for the tip. I could use these in my F4 750 as we have the same brakes, Nissan triple pistons don't we?.

Unless I am looking incorrectly these show up for 2 pistons not 3 pistons, can you post a link please?
The 1000R 4 piston calipers use 4 small pads, so this should be right

2007 910R and 9 other bikes
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittmeister View Post
What should be right, 2 pads is for use with 3 pistons, or that 3 pistons should have 3 pads? This is the pic of EBC EPFA424HH
Attached Images

F4 750 1+1 2000 model
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittmeister View Post
What should be right, 2 pads is for use with 3 pistons, or that 3 pistons should have 3 pads? This is the pic of EBC EPFA424HH

You can see footage of the pads here in a vid I put up some time ago. About the 2:10 mark.

https://youtu.be/BjIfKSuX3GQ
pittmeister likes this.

2005 MV F4-1000S
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
You can see footage of the pads here in a vid I put up some time ago. About the 2:10 mark.

Thanks for that link Turbo329, nice video. Your bike looks great by the way. I presume these pads will eat into the brake disks a little quicker as they create more friction. Because I am a small individual with damaged wrists I find braking hard with two fingers tricky but I prefer it over using my whole hand from a quick reaction perspective. So I was hoping these pads with a fresh bleed would make it easier.

Do you know what make your Carbon Fibre air intakes are, they look like Carbonvani, or may be Factory? The CRC aluminium plaque on them is from the 750, the 1000 has the green/white/red of the Italian flag, so I presume they came from another bike?

Another point of interest, why the wet and dry on the fork tubes, to remove any minor imperfections that will over time break down the fork seals? It is just that from the camera's perspective they looked fine. To the naked eye mine look fine.

F4 750 1+1 2000 model
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post

Thanks for that link Turbo329, nice video. Your bike looks great by the way. I presume these pads will eat into the brake disks a little quicker as they create more friction. Because I am a small individual with damaged wrists I find braking hard with two fingers tricky but I prefer it over using my whole hand from a quick reaction perspective. So I was hoping these pads with a fresh bleed would make it easier.

Do you know what make your Carbon Fibre air intakes are, they look like Carbonvani, or may be Factory? The CRC aluminium plaque on them is from the 750, the 1000 has the green/white/red of the Italian flag, so I presume they came from another bike?

Another point of interest, why the wet and dry on the fork tubes, to remove any minor imperfections that will over time break down the fork seals? It is just that from the camera's perspective they looked fine. To the naked eye mine look fine.
Thanks. The CRC ram air tubes were ordered by the dealer back in '06 so I'm not sure about the make.

As far as brake wear, I'll keep you posted on that but the rotors looked great after the day. I'm pretty confident they will hold up. You will absolutely LOVE the braking these pads provide! Braking was the sore point with this bike. If these pads came stock back in the day, the F4 would have won a ton of magazine shootouts.

The fork tubes had some pitting on the inside of the fork leg. So that's why I did that. Mainly just to clean them up and as you mentioned, to preserve the fork seals. It was very light duty.
MVBERT likes this.

2005 MV F4-1000S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode