My F4 Tipped over need help ASAP! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

My F4 Tipped over need help ASAP!

Hello everyone, well it finally happened my F4 tipped over on the left side... and i am really frustrated... i don't know what i should do with the visible damage... so i am open to any and all suggestions...

I have attached a few pictures soo you guys can get a better idea...

Once again thanks alot for your help

Ali
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Sorry to see that mate. Been there done that.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Find a good auto body shop that does their own paint color matching...Take the parts to them and be pleasantly surprised with cost (maybe). (don't ask me how I know)

Or you can buy new parts and put these up for sale....or keep them.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Find a good auto body shop that does their own paint color matching...Take the parts to them and be pleasantly surprised with cost (maybe). (don't ask me how I know)
I have no idea how I know this is bang on advice either.

Well, OK.

Almost identical damage + the frame punching a partial hole in the plastic, $300 later and only I know. Well now you do too.

Source the stickers and bar end yourself as they won't be able to help you there. I got the local Porsche body shop to do it, coz I know they will do a good job. The bumpers of modern Porsches (and cars in general I guess) are made out of the same material so they know what they are doing. I think they found the project interesting and wanted the whole bike more to look at than match the colour and sticker placement I think..

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Established Member

Look on ebay.co.uk Loads of MV parts are available there.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:02 PM

All EZ Fixes...Bar Ends from your bike shop, there are plenty of good (better) options outside of MV for a fair price. Click on Motovation below (in the seller sec) they sell several and you don't even have to leave your house.

Paint, there should be a good bike painter in your town or city (several in LA) or as Alan mentioned...a good high-end car paint shop would see this job as a very small, easy to do gig. The mirror and fairing both come off in two mins and you can carry everything you need touched up, in your car. You'll not notice the damage once complete...it's a $200 fix (or less) from what I can see, and shouldn't take very long to get done. If the painter tells you he has to repaint the entire fairing ($400 please) try somewhere else.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:06 PM

Like others said, bar ends would do the trick and maybe help absorb some vibrations. Fortunately, the scratches are on the lower fairing and on in the middle. Probably not worth replacing the whole fairing (which was about $750 when I dropped my MV). Small consolation, I know. I know how you feel.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to EMVy Rider
Damn I know how you feel too. Sorry that it happened to you. It has happened to me before and it took me at least a month to get over the drop because I had to keep looking at the damn thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks alot for the support!! I was thinking about replacing the bar ends as well. Does anyone know of some good bar ends similar to the MV? Brand name in particular so i know what to look for..The lower fairing is not that greatly visible especially if someone didn't know i dropped the bike.

And about the mirror, i wanted to ask you guys, what do you think about the touch up paint that emotouk has to offer?? i think its about 15 quid. Please let me know if anyone of you have used it before. And if that would be a good solution to my problem...

Once again thanks for all the help
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Would you guys consider this for new bar ends?? http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...item=MRX_CBEBK i live in houston soo this would be pretty easy to get my hands on.

And about the touch up paint this is the link... let me know what you guys think..
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/touchup.htm

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode