• 1 Post By Glenno
  • 4 Post By nigelrb
  • 2 Post By Glenno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

99 - 00 F4 Prices Australia

Dear all,
Can I have some discussion about prices and selling of 750 F4s' in Australia? I have been watching intently the prices of 99 - 00 F4s since a purchase 2 years ago. I see them up for sale on Bikesales and Gumtree, most asking $10,000 to $15,000 These sit for months and months, sometimes years. One F4 was listed on ebay and made just over $7000 but didn't meet reserve. that same bike is now on the net in the $10 to $15 bracket. Do these sellers really want to sell their bikes? Surely if you want to sell something then you must put up a price that people will buy. If they are not buying then the price of your product is too high. Even a few that have been listed at $8000 sit for a lengthy period of time. So, what is a selling price of a good standard unmolested F4 in Australia? If and auction doesn't make $7000 ........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:21 PM

The problem with our bikes is that the only people who are going to buy them are those that lusted after them and couldn't afford them when they were new. Now they are affordable to those people. Most people will opt for a brand new ducati or high end italian motorcyle or the other market is those who want an R1 or jap bike. So the price to pay for an early f4 is whatever ur prepared to pay for it. You yourself were in that market, you searched for ages to buy your 2 bikes (ur sons and yrs). You specifically wanted that f4, you searched and searched, in the end u bought the best that was available to u at the price u were happy to pay. But yes they can sit for long long period of times before they sell, worse if u have to sell then u might take a massive hit on it. So there is no right answer to this question
I have a friend who has a 2 owner 2000 f4 mint with 10,000kms on it. He couldn't get 7k for it. So he keeps it. Then you have other who will buy a well used fully serviced f4 with very high kms on it or 7k.
so there is definitely no right answer to yr question
Glenno and Craigmyoung like this.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Agree with above. It is a long-standing rule of thumb that something's true worth 'what the market is prepared to pay'. And therein lies the difference: market worth(value) and what it is worth to us (the seller).

Perhaps it is common for us to think that our bike is better than everyone else's or the 'best available' as is often quoted, and therefore we attach a premium to it. However, if that bike IS the best available and priced accordingly, then there is a flow-on by other sellers thinking that their pile of crap is of equivalent value. I see steadily increasing values in UK, and I suspect Oz and USA are the same. But some of the current sellers are total dreamers. We have some 'average' F4 750s priced at 9,000 (AU$16,600) which is far more than a good 1000R.

Some of us will pay over the odds for a good bike, but we won't be ripped off or contribute to a speculator's profit. So you are completely correct @ogrilp400 ; if a person is keen to sell he will price it attractively, otherwise he will be one of the many, 'I'll try to make money, if it sells, it sells,' brigade.

As a side issue, I would be snapping up a 2000 mint F4 for $7,000! (There's ALWAYS room for another bike)

2007 MV F4 1000R / 2005 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory / 2005 Aprilia RS50
2004 CBR1000RR Fireblade / 2011 CBR1000RR Fireblade / 2018 CBR1000R Fireblade SP2
1985 Honda VF1000R / 1985 Honda NS400R
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 03:26 AM

I think you will find many of those bikes are selling mate. Don't look at ebay sales. I never bid in those.
I see a few hang around but not alot and not for years. Quite a few quietly disappear Personally I think a PEAK price for a good example would be 10-12k aud. Most would be in the 7-10k range. A pretty average one a fair bit less.

The speculators are those jokers trying to sell a low kays one for 20k!

The ones you see north of 10-12 are dreaming. That one in Coota is suspicious (seller is full of shit) and over priced. It is definitely NOT original.

You could look at this the other way too. If you really want it you will pay what it takes to get it. It is not just the sellers requirement to agree to a price. Often both seller and buyer need to move.

There is also another old adage.
People selling something always think it is worth more than it is.
AND people buying something always think it is worth less than it is being sold for. The day after they bought it they would think it should be sold for more.

I'm always a bit stunned at how much old bikes are in Oz. My Italian mate, can't believe so many bikes bottom out around 5k no matter how shit they are. Guys wanting 8-10k for a GSXR 750 sling shot that needs ALOT of work. A junker they still want 5-6k Or 10 k for a 98 R1 with 70 thou on the clock...Most track bikes bottom out around 5k! It is some kind of magic number

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 04-03-2019 at 03:38 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 03:56 AM

Price guide has gone backward alittle in recent years on the 2000 models. Peak pricing now is 9-10 depending on if it is the 1+1 or single seat version. 4 years ago its was 12. Which suggest the bikes are not on the rebound yet. I think it will be awhile yet. Maybe in the next 5-10 years (30 years old) they will.

https://www.redbook.com.au/bikes/det...POT-ITM-88992/

https://www.redbook.com.au/bikes/det...POT-ITM-89085/

You are dealing with guys like me who don't care to just push it into the back of the shed and chuck a cover on it. It costs nothing to do that.
nigelrb likes this.

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 04-03-2019 at 03:58 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post

. . . just push it into the back of the shed and chuck a cover on it. It costs nothing to do that.
Shed? No way!! It's full of Hondas
Attached Images

2007 MV F4 1000R / 2005 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory / 2005 Aprilia RS50
2004 CBR1000RR Fireblade / 2011 CBR1000RR Fireblade / 2018 CBR1000R Fireblade SP2
1985 Honda VF1000R / 1985 Honda NS400R
The Following User Says Thank You to nigelrb For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:18 AM

When I say shed, It is a double brick back room behind the garage with its own TV to keep it company Definietly not out in any weather. Actually not much sunlight gets in there. Don't want to fade the paint Oh and a pretty blanket like yours
anothermvfanatic and nigelrb like this.

2000 F4 750
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenno For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode