How people react to the F4...... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

How people react to the F4......

I've had the F4 for about a month now and thought to share some reaction people have when they see the bike. First of all i live in New York City and people are used to see all kind of things. Expensive cars, limos, weird people on the streets and subways. Nobody pays any attention to anything around them. If you live here you've seen it all. So knowing this i didn't expect any reaction while riding the bike.

But i was wrong.

Every time i stop at a light people either give me a thumbs up and/or ask questions. All kinds of different people. Old or young. Doesn't matter. Just the other day a bunch of kids where running after the bike like it was the best thing they ever saw in their life. People stop walking and wait until i take off so they can hear the sound. I have yet to experience any jealousy. People are just admiring the design of the bike. This is certainly something i did not expect.

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570

Last edited by Timster; 06-19-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 01:05 PM

Thumbs up

Apparently New Yorkers recognize a man with great taste in bikes.

PS cos you're riding a F4, I'd watch out for some comments coming from a guy in the deep South....
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Get used to it. You will also gather a crowd at gas stations, a great time for people to come up and ask "is that a ducati?" one of my favorite quesitons! Enjoy it!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:36 PM

I've had a few similar experiences on the brute. A few weeks ago a guy pulled up beside me in a truck and asked what CC it was. I said, "750". He looked disappointed.. haha! But I've gotten lots of thumbs up from other riders and I've noticed some other riders prefer to not acknowledge you at all. Perhaps that's jealousy.. heh!
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:37 PM

Yeah the MV is an attention whore. I got asked if it was faster than a 'Habayusa' and I told him I had never heard of a 'Habayusa' and sped off lol.

Kids and hell even girls wave and flash the thumbs up. Its pretty awesome

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 03:09 PM

That's just because they think you're Bruce Wayne.

Unfortunately, I haven't had kids in the back of mini-vans riot or women lift up their shirts when I pass by. But, once, a homeless person said, "nice bike. do ya gotta dolla?"

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 06-19-2009 at 03:45 PM.
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Cool

I have the same experience It's great! Even if you ride like a pudding...

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timster View Post
I've had the F4 for about a month now and thought to share some reaction people have when they see the bike. First of all i live in New York City and people are used to see all kind of things. Expensive cars, limos, weird people on the streets and subways. Nobody pays any attention to anything around them. If you live here you've seen it all. So knowing this i didn't expect any reaction while riding the bike.

But i was wrong.

Every time i stop at a light people either give me a thumbs up and/or ask questions. All kinds of different people. Old or young. Doesn't matter. Just the other day a bunch of kids where running after the bike like it was the best thing they ever saw in their life. People stop walking and wait until i take off so they can hear the sound. I have yet to experience any jealousy. People are just admiring the design of the bike. This is certainly something i did not expect.
Just think Tim, had you bought a Brutie, women would be handing you their panties.....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Just think Tim, had you bought a Brutie, women would be handing you their panties.....
Speaking of panties. I live in an apartment complex. One time after I did the laundry, my wife found a pair of panties in the basket that weren't her's. I had a hard time explaining that. Had I a Brutale, my marriage would be over.
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
Speaking of panties. I live in an apartment complex. One time after I did the laundry, my wife found a pair of panties in the basket that weren't her's. I had a hard time explaining that. Had I a Brutale, my marriage would be over.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode