gear indicator (help req) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Question gear indicator (help req)

has anyone out there fitted a gear indicator to their f4r312 2007 model? i ordered one off e moto made by 'crono time' in italy and am beginning to wish i hadn't bothered - i have managed to find the power and ground wires but am not sure what colours the rpm & speed wires should be!!
i have power through the display yet when i go through the set up procedure to register the gears they are not retained in the memory.

i am unable to get any help off the morons at e moto - technical help no reply - sent various e mails - no reply

please take the advice of genuine members of this forum and do not purchase from these people.

the display in question also has five shift light leds which i was unaware of when i ordered it(plonker) and the instructions for setting this function are 'to hold the bike at the rev limiter for 10 seconds' this surely can not be right?

any thoughts? would i be able to get my money back off e moto ?(paid by paypal)would like to get it working if possible or should i junk it and put it down to experience?
thanks colin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Interesting thing is that I am staggered you actually got what you paid for from emoto

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

yes should have known better with these tossers!! - not one of my better decisions - must be an age thing.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Do you have any contact details for the manufacturer - you may get more sense out of them? I just tried googling "crono time" and "chrono time" and nothing. According to Trading Standards (UK):

Quote:

The trader is obliged to provide information in a durable form (i.e. by email or in writing) to the consumer regarding:
  • Their right to cancel the contract and the means by which this can be done
  • The main characteristics of the goods or services
  • The price including taxes and delivery costs
  • The name and address of the seller
  • Arrangements for delivery/performance
When purchasing goods a Consumer receives a 7-day cooling off period, this begins the day after the goods are received as long as the information above is provided on time (before or with delivery of the goods). The cooling off period allows the consumer to inspect and return the goods and cancel the contract for any reason.
If you satisfy any of the above criteria, you should be able to cancel the contract and return the goods, but eMoto watch this forum, so with a bit of luck they'll pull their finger out and help you get it sorted. All the best.

If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

2000 MV F4S
1992 Ducati 888 SP4
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
Interesting thing is that I am staggered you actually got what you paid for from emoto
Ha ha ha ha. I am too. Impressive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode