Idle speed / New Eprom - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Idle speed / New Eprom

On my 1000S, I now have a cat-less mid pipe, with standard exhaust. It ran ok, but a new eprom promised to get rid of that hesitancy at lower revs, so I fitted one. It certainly pulls much cleaner through the rev band, so it has done its job there, but the idle speed is up to about 2000rpm!! I have read a few threads about lumpy idle speeds and low idle speeds, but has anyone experienced this? I read that the idle adjustment is a dealer job really, although someone did mention an adjuster screw available if you get the tank off? Any ideas anyone, or do I just need to get a dealer to adjust it properly?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 10:07 AM

ha! mine idled high (just did the SAME mod as you) for a week and now is low! the idle is low and slightly irregular--in fact it's sometimes so low that the bike dies!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 AM

what eprom (chip) are you guys runing ???
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:57 AM

If I am not mistaken I think you just got to get the TPS reset.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:58 AM

Two things...

My bike would idle just below 2000 from the day I bought it til last week when I had the 7500 service. Always seemed high, but it was smooth, would start the second I hit the button and it did purr nicely. It's now set at just around 1100 as a result of a re-adjust during the service and it's rough, doesn't start right up and seems on the verge of dying at stop lights...guess it prefers 2000

The bike also use to be somewhat rough and sluggish from 3000-4000...I had a PC111 installed and custom map done and the sluggishness went away...still a tad herky-jerky as I roll thought 3800 but much more narrow and less noticeable
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
If I am not mistaken I think you just got to get the TPS reset.
+1
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:36 PM

Hmm I dont have the problem you are talking about Graves. I have the Race ECU installed and Robp kindly did my TPS reset for me since he had the gear at his place

My bike fires up instantly. Only time when it hesitates for a second or two is if it has not been ridden in over a month.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Yeah...I know kinda weird. I'm dropping it off for a rear hub check (the talk and photos got me thinking) and will have them see what gives. Runs great, just the idle and start up is off compared to pre service.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Re: high idle speed... Took her out for an hour or so this morning, so got nice and hot. The tickover got higher!! D'oh!

Just to confirm that ther IS an idle speed adjustment. Its a tiny allen screw between the middle two air intakes (offset to the right when on the bike). Of course that means an airbox/tank removal to get at it, so how you can set it right without the airbox on I don't know. Anyway, far too much hassle for my liking so I'll run her for a week like Mat has done, and see if the idle settles down. If not I'll go back to the stock eprom until the next service. The other way to solve this is a PC3 of course - probably best anyway if we are changing anything to do with the exhaust/fuelling. I had one on an Aprilla once and it was brilliant but to be honest, PC3's are not cheap! I'll get the wife to start saving now for my Christmas present.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 10:18 AM

to answer an earlier question: my eprom (and midpipe) are arrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode