Help!! Gen 1 decisions... - Page 8 - MVAgusta.net
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Go for it Nigel

Really nice chap. Ashley you want to speak to. If you pm me your email address I can send the details across if you like and ping you the email I received with the video tour.

If it was closer to me I would have gone to view and maybe fallen helplessly in love, however it's the opposite end of the country almost!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
Go for it Nigel
Ah, I'm in a quandary at the moment.

Esteemed member @anothermvfanatic recently posted about his fortuitous pick up of a 50th Anniversary Yamaha R1. It rekindled my interest in them, and presently have my eye on one also up north. 21,000 miles though and a far cry from a 1078! I'm 'sleeping on it' until the weekend.|
Attached Images

anothermvfanatic likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #73 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I traded my R1 on my 312R and would NEVER go back.....just sayin'

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #74 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

A little bias because it's an MV forum, but the Yamaha wouldn't get a look in for me.

That said the KR colour scheme always looks good, is there anything else special to that anniversary aside from paint?

I respect the R1 and have ridden one, great to ride, light and flick-able, but it's never really moved me (until the R1M came along, that looks pretty awesome) that aside like most Japanese bikes they're not really for me, too clinical for my tastes.

I think a lot of the heart and soul comes from a thoughtful and overriding design passion, reflected by attention to the finer details and elaborate though perhaps functionally unnecessary engineering, rather than being driven predominantly by value engineering and efficiency. The Japanese offerings just seem largely too mass market and functional with little flair. There are of course exceptions but generally for me, Italian bikes all day long

Then again, you already have an F4 and variety is the spice of life!! I have two Japanese bikes and though I've never been a huge Honda fan, after watching Road the other day (Documentary on the Dunlops) I was scouring ebay for Honda SP1 Joey Dunlop edition VTR! Kenny Roberts retired when I was a youngster so it doesn't overly resonate with me, but if he was one of my heroes a KR would likely be on the radar!
anothermvfanatic and nigelrb like this.
post #75 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
A little bias because it's an MV forum, but the Yamaha wouldn't get a look in for me.

That said the KR colour scheme always looks good, is there anything else special to that anniversary aside from paint?
No, nothing at all. It wasn't even a limited edition, although there was a USA only SP model. It's purely aesthetics for me.

And this is the great thing with this MV forum in that most owners have a breadth of experience with other brands/models before acquiring their MV. We know MV's place in history and quality of manufacture, but still prepared to entertain the 'lesser regarded' in our garages and lives.

So enough of Yamaha and back to @Nito 's 'decision'. I trust your current negotiation is fruitful.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #76 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

It's in stasis at the moment, owner is on holiday but it has potential, hope to view it in a couple of weeks. There are a few hurdles and sanity checks to go through though.

The Senna was the other potential, but I don't think that will go anywhere, I've made my offer. It's there, it's beautiful (from the hi res pics) and available. I can't bring myself to pay the asking price, if the other one doesn't go anywhere then I may have to revisit it but I've got a block on the figure at the moment (it's a lovely special but it is largely colour scheme only and this figure puts it in reach of other stuff), exaggerated more so by the fact I missed it by a week as the owner was emigrating and it could have been had for around 4k less than what it's now at! This is the one I probably should be going for and would keep me largely out of trouble!

At this stage, life would be easier if I just bought that 1078 lol!! I don't think that will devalue much either. There are an awful lot of specials on sale at the moment which makes me feel the market may have peaked for the time being.

Cheers
Nito
Attached Images

anothermvfanatic and nigelrb like this.
post #77 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:30 AM

New Site Garage
^^^^ The senna looks very nice ^^^^.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #78 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Ah, I'm in a quandary at the moment.

Esteemed member @anothermvfanatic recently posted about his fortuitous pick up of a 50th Anniversary Yamaha R1. It rekindled my interest in them, and presently have my eye on one also up north. 21,000 miles though and a far cry from a 1078! I'm 'sleeping on it' until the weekend.|
Ahh sorry mate, didn't mean to do that. But........in all honesty it was you who tipped me to buying the R1. The clarity you gave me was the cement i wanted, and I appreciated it muchly. So consider us even.

Yes its a lovely lovely bike. But i see other peeps points here. I love my 50th R1, but it's not a soul stirrer like the Mv and other Italian bikes I own. I look at the details of the Mv anywhere and its just class. The r1 albeit a weapon has cheap screws here and there etc but this is my first late model jap bike so give me time and I will prob be in awe of it soon. But yeh Italian bikes are just class and all detail and all soul strirring
nigelrb likes this.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #79 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:01 AM

Nito the 5 owners on the 1078 have us all questioning things. Things just don't add up.If we and you are questioning things , ie the owners, the levers, the little marks etc, that means if u ever have to sell it, the next person will too.

The Senna on the other hand,,, no ones questioning

Quote:
It's in stasis at the moment, owner is on holiday but it has potential, hope to view it in a couple of weeks. There are a few hurdles and sanity checks to go through though.

The Senna was the other potential, but I don't think that will go anywhere, I've made my offer. It's there, it's beautiful (from the hi res pics) and available. I can't bring myself to pay the asking price, if the other one doesn't go anywhere then I may have to revisit it but I've got a block on the figure at the moment (it's a lovely special but it is largely colour scheme only and this figure puts it in reach of other stuff), exaggerated more so by the fact I missed it by a week as the owner was emigrating and it could have been had for around 4k less than what it's now at! This is the one I probably should be going for and would keep me largely out of trouble!

At this stage, life would be easier if I just bought that 1078 lol!! I don't think that will devalue much either. There are an awful lot of specials on sale at the moment which makes me feel the market may have peaked for the time being.

Cheers
Nito
Nito and nigelrb like this.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #80 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Thanks esq'z me,

Useful info re the meter, I guess it wouldn't stop a used one being plugged in but I don't think the mileage is suspect, the brake discs look in good condition, it's more the care and usage. ie were tyres replaced because track used tyres stand out a mile off.

The little scuffs here and there bother me more than anything because I'm ocd and try to look after stuff and those bits would annoy me, but I am picky, aside from that I agree it should be a decent bike, it has some nice parts on it and the piece de resistance is that the tank was signed by Agostini himself and then lacquered over. The bike was offered by the UK distributor MotoGB as a charity auction bike back in 2009. It's a decent bike for the money and includes the paddock stand. The trader seems to be a very decent chap and sent me a video tour of the bike. It's on ebay among other places.

Cheers
Nito
That is the bike that Ago rode from Marina Del Rey to Half Moon Bay for the Legends event. I was there, as were many others from the forum, for the unveiling of the 1078.
Nito likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode