Help!! Gen 1 decisions... - Page 6 - MVAgusta.net
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Yup -- Mine has the white rev counter face with the Agostini signature on :-) -- Thats how I spotted that this was no ordinary 750 sitting at a dealer here .. They had no clue that the bike was a limited edition.

Mine is NOT a collectors bike, its my preferred ride for nice days on the twisties .. I do about 2000 Km a year on it .. So far it has been the most reliable bike I've owned, apart from my 89 VFR ..
esq'z me likes this.

"There is no law of Nature, requiring the Universe to make sense"
"103% of all people do not understand Statistics"
"Sapere Aude -- Dare to KNOW!"
-- DKDravis --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
I like these people in the UK for MV parts: https://www.bike-parts-mv.com/ you click on the model then on the parts sub section it is easy to use, and the service from them is decent.
Thanks good shout. Funnily enough I was looking at that one earlier today, looks decently laid out. Some of the prices are high for special stuff (compared to *****) but at least they list it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Arthur View Post
Nito, check the sponsor pages. I check it first whenever I need anything. One of the companies is a tech adviser to MV Agusta SBK. The rest know their MV stuff very well. In terms of shysters, the MV community is very small and I can only think of one company who I wouldn't do business with, apart from the above mentioned, and the owner doesn't post here often.
Thanks, I'll do that.

I had some pics sent from a mono 1078, it has some extra MV Corse parts, why would anyone remove the stock steering damper and fit an MV corse one?...
(library pic)

Other parts include corse fuel cap, corse rearsets and some odd carbon parts. None of the original parts come with it, which is particularly annoying wrt the fuel cap.

Last edited by silentservice703; 03-04-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Deleted reference to and unsavory website and unscrupulous parts supplier that is now defunct.
post #53 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

^ Sorry for the trade reference Silentservice, I'll wash my mouth out henceforth!
post #54 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Here is Exhibit A.

On paper it sounds great, 900 miles from new. It's last MOT was March 2014 at 544 miles. Which means it either did nearly 500 miles in that year or....

Looking at the pictures, there are parts that look scruffy for a 900 mile bike that don't stack up. Why fit MV corse rearsets and damper to a bike that isn't used and already had the lovely CRC steering damper? One of the rearsets on the gearchange side, is missing the black adjustable gearchange lever piece that is clearly visible on the brake side. The 312RR didn't come with Conti tyres as far as I'm aware, why have tyres been changed on a 900 mile bike that isn't used? The clocks have a scratch on the plastic at the top, hard to do while on the bike. Have they been removed? If so why? What I'm getting it is, if it hasn't been used on the road for at least 4 years, has it been used as a trackday bike?

Of course there could be honest reasons for each of these, it has had 5 owners from new and there are some nice extras on it, mv corse damper, rearsets, fuel filler (no lockable one with bike) and the other carbon pieces. There looks to be a scratch on the frame to the left of the tank. There are also scratches around the right hand frame side piece by the swingarm pivot (and a little on the left), again no need to go anywhere near that on a 900 mile bike, so either a hamfisted keeper using a stand or abba style stand clumsily, or it's had work done, or possibly clumsy fitment of rearsets. The key guard is scuffed and does the sprocket look a little worn for the mileage?
Attached Images

post #55 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:13 AM

New Site Garage
The levers are also different.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
post #56 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:21 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
^ Sorry for the trade reference Silentservice, I'll wash my mouth out henceforth!
Those Who Shall Not Be Mentioned really were an unscrupulous mob. Many in this community got taken by their website offers and lost money because of it.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #57 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:48 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The scratch on the frame under the tank must have been caused by a careless person, not a crash. Likewise the tiny scratches near the swing arm pivots on the side plates.

The meter face is kind of soft plastic. The surface can be scuffed by wiping with a dirty rag. My 910R has a similar scratch that I caused when I was washing the bike and didn't realize I had grit on the drying cloth. Really pissed me off.

Looks like who ever installed the rear sets liked the length of the shifter as stock but added the extension on the brake side. Or is there a scrape on the side plate under the shifter indicating it tipped over on that side, driving the shifter peg into the side plate and bending it? And is that a scrape on the left fairing panel??

Tires could likely have been replaced because the originals were well past their optimum age, not worn out.

Steering damper is a bit of bling over the stock one, and is higher spec performance as well.

I can't really see any wear on the sprocket.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #58 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:04 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
It is also missing an exhaust guard.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #59 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:41 AM

New Site Garage
5 owners in 900 miles, look out for track usage seems little odd. Or its a lemon and has been at the dealers more than the road?? Or new clocks before its first MOT?

Personally, from what you have mentioned, with low usage and collecting, the Senna seems the beast for you, still very capable, easy to look after, reliable and will or course going forward give you your money back and some, also you will be happy in the knowledge that you don't just own an MV, but a special MV, that was endorsed by one of the great F1 drivers. I went to the lamborghini museum a few years back and they had a Senna exhibition, they had the Ducati 916? Senna but no MV so a hidden gem me thinks.
Good luck on your choice,
Chris

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #60 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Hi Nito. As a 'serial' bike buyer I don't blame you for being cautious. The 'five owners' versus low mileage just doesn't stack up.

Generally, if a 'true' collector had bought the bike, he/she is HIGHLY unlikely to fit rearsets and quick release fuel cap. Our interest is preserving originality. Even assuming that one collector did store the bike, it is a big call to even think that the other four, between them, couldn't knock up more than 900 miles.

I accept esq'z me point about changing tires, but then again, as a collector, if we're not riding, there's no need to change tires, UNLESS the last owner changed them because he was riding it. HOWEVER, if that be the case, that would mean the previous 4 owners had racked up even FEWER miles between them.

I know the bike to which you refer. It is over the top price wise (even with its 'special' history).

I recommend obtaining previous owner details from the seller (might run into Privacy Act probs) but any previous owner would happily oblige assisting with tabulating the bike's history. If it's legit, it's a great pick up.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode