Pricing - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Pricing

Just curious what you guys think a 312R would go for price wise? a few mods. carbon fiber here and there,PCIIIr custom map,exhaust, what I consider to be the norm. with the 312R supposedly only 150 came to the states in its debut. and the 312RR with no end in sight making it to the states (Cant say I didnt tell you so). Wandering what the value would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 04:42 PM

RRs are here.

I'd say maybe $16k, depending on condition/miles.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 05:37 PM

Also it depends if MV Agusta USA still has any left over 2008s in their warehouse and dealers are stilling willing to let go of their 312R for around $18K. In April, three Southern Californa dealers were selling 312R for that price ($20K OTD price actually). They had a kickback program that was suppose to end on May 31 but I'm not sure if it's been extended.

If there aren't a lot of leftover F4R and 312Rs, you may get lucky since I don't think dealers are going to discount the 312RRs much since they just arrived a week or two ago. So, maybe you could get $15K ($10K less than a 312RR).

For what it's worth, right before I bought my 1198, I asked the dealer, "If I had a 312R and wanted to trade it in to you today, what would you give me." He said, $13K because I could get a new 312 for the warehouse and resell it for the $20K OTD price I was asking for.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 05:37 PM

Got the itch for a 312RR?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Established Member

Put it on ebay and set ur reserve price. Then you'll know exactly how much it's worth.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

No itch for the RR just curious. I know a bike is not a great investment I just thought with it reading as a 312 instead of a typical 1K (no offense) and the supposedly fastest production bike built. That it would add a little value to it and the fact of only 150 are in the states. 05 999R's are still pricing around 16K and I know they are a limited production even know they are not marked as limited.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
I just thought with it reading as a 312 instead of a typical 1K (no offense) and the supposedly fastest production bike built. That it would add a little value to it and the fact of only 150 are in the states.
And it was -until the 312RR came out.

Seriously, before you sell, try making some phone calls to dealers in your area to see if they have any new 312s left in stock. If they don't and there aren't may others selling their 312, you may have a good shot, especially since a 312RR is in the $25K range (add tax and fees and it will be in the $27K to $28K range).
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

I can assure you there is none in my area. I think the closest is Wisconsin maybe 5hrs. But like I said no rush into selling this at all. A little more interested in the value of the bike that i think ultimately has a tiny limited factor to it. And remeber the 312rr is a differenet displacement then a norm 1000cc. So it is expected to run and put out the power it is built up to do.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 04:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Good and bad news:
Good: I imported a 2008 312R to New Zealand from Denver late last year so there will be 149 in the US.
Bad: I purchased it off ebay and paid 15,100 US. It had 440 miles on the clock and was as new condition.

That's a whole lot of bike for 15,100 bucks.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Good and bad news:
Good: I imported a 2008 312R to New Zealand from Denver late last year so there will be 149 in the US.
Bad: I purchased it off ebay and paid 15,100 US. It had 440 miles on the clock and was as new condition.

That's a whole lot of bike for 15,100 bucks.
Dave makes an interesting point, all be it indirectly.... For those of us who don't live in the US, the US remains one of the cheapest markets globally for many things, bikes included. Dave is personally on a mission to drain the US market of one of everything MV has ever made

IF you choose to sell it on eBay, consider making it available for shipping worldwide. You would need to get a box (probably from a dealer) and be prepared to package it up, the buyer can take care of a freight forwarder (from theirr home country who can pick it up at your place). The 312R may be worth more to someone outside the US... Just a thought...

Happiness is Red and Silver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode