**help urgent** mv agusta spr california emissions sticker - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
https://shop.startwintrading.com/en/...ies-versions-6
Attached Images

nigelrb likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Any dealer.... Possibly even StarTwin on-line...

I do believe the emissions status of this bike should be registered with the VIN in the federal data base. Not sure you need any stickers to register a used bike in California.
A local forum (bayarearidersforum.com) that I am on says that the DMV will always ask to see the california emissions sticker, federal noise sticker and verify the vin and the engine number or else they will put the bike on a blacklist and you will never be able to register it in california.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

those two are the exact parts I ordered.... hopefully it works!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfob View Post
This bike was register in Minnesota and Idaho before that

I did not got o the DMV yet because I heard you can get the bike blacklisted if it does not have the california emmissions sticker...
I've heard that too... Good luck.

I doubt that this is your first rodeo, but it bears mention:
Remember the DMV agent doesn't care to hear your story and they have all the "hand."
Show them what you got, ask them what you need; then provide...

All bets are off if this was a track only model.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 09:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Hi kongfob.
I know you've seen this thread but I'll post up a link here as it has plenty of info that may help others in the future.

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/12-f4...-location.html

I don't have any of these decals as they were replicated in the USA based off the damaged decals I removed from a 312R. I'm in New Zealand. Based on that thread, contacting Florida based member bogie1072 may be the best way to work out how to replicate a decal as he's had this done before.

Hope that helps,
Dave.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
If the bike was legally imported and sold in the USA, regardless of state. You should be able to get it registered in CA.
Not exactly. If the vehicle has less than 7500 miles on the clock then the vehicle must have a Federal and California emission sticker. However here is a list of exemptions that will allow a 49 state vehicle (Federal emissions sticker) to be registered in California:

- Obtained as part of a divorce, inheritance, or legal separation settlement.
- Purchased to replace your California-registered vehicle that was stolen while you were using the vehicle out-of-state.
- Purchased to replace your California-registered vehicle that was destroyed or made inoperative beyond reasonable repair while you were using the vehicle out of state.
- An emergency vehicle, pursuant to California Vehicle Code 27156.2 and 27156.3.
- Registered by you in the state of your last active military service outside California.
- A street motorcycle or motor-driven cycle year model 2005 and older, with an engine less than 50 cubic centimeters (cc) displacement. Beginning January 1, 2006, street motorcycles and motor-driven cycles year model 2006 and newer, with engines less than 50 cc displacement, require an emission label certifying them to meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emission regulations, and may be registered regardless of mileage.

If the motorcycle has over 7500 then it can be registered in California provided it has a Federal emission sticker. No Federal emission sticker, no registration - period.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 05:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

I love all the comments from people OUTSIDE of CALIFORNIA........
You have no fucking clue......I've been dealing with the California DMV since '63
The DMV only checks VIN and engine numbers......they never check for stickers, because they
know everyone will try to counterfeit them.....like DOT stickers on Nazi Harley helmets, they're ALL fake
The DMV is worried about stolen vehicles and stolen motors, they don't about your pipes or smog stickies

kongfob;
There are 2 ways to do this
The DMV and AAA
Go to the DMV vehicle INSPECTOR and ask them what they need......take your paperwork with you and show
them what you have, you'll be surprised

1st take a carpenter's pencil and rub it all over the VIN, then take Scotch tape and make an impression of
The VIN and tape it to a sheet of clean white paper, then do the same with the motor number
This used to be required......they'll be surprised and like it
NO DMV EMPLOYEE IS GOING TO LIE ON THE GROUND TO READ YOUR MOTOR NUMBER, PERIOD!
Take smart phone pictures of the numbers on the day you go to the DMV
When you take the picture of the motor number......put your driver's license in the picture
You'll need the out of State registration and a bill of sale and or title
If you're a AAA member you can do it there.......I'm a member but have never done it there

When I registered my Brutale, the paperwork said it was an '09, the young lady looked at the VIN and it was
an '08, she changed it

California has no vehicle inspections, no sound tests.......nothing.... they just don't want stolen vehicles
Moonbeam raised the registration to $125 per year......all they want is the money
cruiser and Teeps like this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 05:18 AM

Thumbs up ?

I forgot about the out of State 7,500mi rule thanks
Tirefriar

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 05:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
I love all the comments from people OUTSIDE of CALIFORNIA........
You have no fucking clue......I've been dealing with the California DMV since '63
So you must be close to 80 yr's old?

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 06:13 AM

Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
So you must be close to 80 yr's old?
No, HB, I'm 71.....
I got my learner's driving permit in February '63 at 15 1/2 years old
I'd been working as a mechanic since '59 for Ralph R Britton Jr
Look him up he's in all the old Ferrari coffee table books
cruiser, ARAMIS and Tirefriar like this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 12-02-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode