X81's 1078 wow! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

X81's 1078 wow!

I met up with Chris today for little ride and swap of bikes. His 1078, which I may add was just finished and not fully set up, was absolutely awsome it was deceptivly fast and I made good use of its slipper clutch into roundabouts. Throttle response was silky smooth without the violence of the 312r and I was comfortable enough to reach big lean angle's and big throttle openings on the way out of roundabouts within minutes of setting off. Absolutey awsome. For those of you that are going to Silverstone on the 11th it is worth a test ride.
Will the 1078 slipper fit a 312R and how much are they? I should have asked Chris. If you were near Stanstead Airport today and saw 2 MV's having fun it was us!
Thanks for letting me ride it Chris.

Clive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:42 PM

I am so jealous! Its all i can do to keep my composure, if all goes well I'm getting my F4 1078 this fall
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:25 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTP MV View Post
I met up with Chris today for little ride and swap of bikes. His 1078, which I may add was just finished and not fully set up, was absolutely awsome it was deceptivly fast and I made good use of its slipper clutch into roundabouts. Throttle response was silky smooth without the violence of the 312r and I was comfortable enough to reach big lean angle's and big throttle openings on the way out of roundabouts within minutes of setting off. Absolutey awsome. For those of you that are going to Silverstone on the 11th it is worth a test ride.
Will the 1078 slipper fit a 312R and how much are they? I should have asked Chris. If you were near Stanstead Airport today and saw 2 MV's having fun it was us!
Thanks for letting me ride it Chris.

Clive
LOL i was going to put a thread up saying just how amazed i am at the chassis on these things.

Never have i ridden a bike that let me get away with the things i got away with today. I sort of took the long way home mate and have only just got in the only reason i came home is cos i was so covered in flies i couldn't see any more

This bike is pretty cool and i'm properly grinning from ear to ear, bailed out of a flat out run as visibilty was getting bad, but gave up trying to fight the wheelies and embraced them............130 on the back wheel is a bit special even for me

really pleased with how it's come out so far, next is the weight saving and then we'll swap bikes again
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Ive already started on the weight saving by the time I got home there was no tea left!
does the standard slipper fit mine or go for an aftermarket one?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Established Member

So whats the full spec of X81 1078? Any pics?

Just got my 1078 and already feels similar but different from my 312.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 02:34 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotmeworry View Post
So whats the full spec of X81 1078? Any pics?

Just got my 1078 and already feels similar but different from my 312.

Nothing that special at the moment.

All it's got fitted is:
  • Full Zard system
  • Kit ECU
  • ohlins rear shock
  • rearsets
  • GPR steering damper
  • 24 deg headstock
other than that it's standard. I've got lots planned for it over the next few months. I'd like to go for the magic 1000bhp per tonne figure so need to get the weight down to around 175-180kgs.

Loads of power is all well and good but the chassis is what has suprised me. I'm a moderate rider i'd say, there's quicker than me and i'm quicker than others so squarely in the middle with riding level. This bike makes me feel like i'm above average.

Huge amount of grip and feel from the front and back end. Turn in is excellent and mid turn is really settled and although i think i need to make a few changes as i reckon it was running a litttle wide i could still change lines easily if i wanted to so i don't think the rough settings i put in are that bad For the first time in my life i rode white line to white line on the country lanes here and let the bike drift right out to the edge of the road under hard acceleration without panicking....usually i'd be backing off or getting worrid that i wasn't goint to make it..............not the F4, held it's line and was perfect and begged for me. I feel like i'm 17 again and just passed my bike test.......i need to ride that bike again today but alas am going out in the car with the misses and nipper ;-)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTP MV View Post
Ive already started on the weight saving by the time I got home there was no tea left!
does the standard slipper fit mine or go for an aftermarket one?

yeah i think everythign will swap over................i doubt it would be cost effective though; an STM would possibly be cheaper and work just as well.

I'll find out the price difference but i think an aftermarket one is the way to go.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
LOL i was going to put a thread up saying just how amazed i am at the chassis on these things.

Never have i ridden a bike that let me get away with the things i got away with today. I sort of took the long way home mate and have only just got in the only reason i came home is cos i was so covered in flies i couldn't see any more

This bike is pretty cool and i'm properly grinning from ear to ear, bailed out of a flat out run as visibilty was getting bad, but gave up trying to fight the wheelies and embraced them............130 on the back wheel is a bit special even for me

really pleased with how it's come out so far, next is the weight saving and then we'll swap bikes again
what weight savings are you going to do???
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 11:28 AM

That is the one thing about these bikes as awesome as they are they are HEAVY. If they can get the weight sorted out it would be perfect!

I can think of carbon wheels, carbon bodywork, mag parts, titanium full exhaust, titanium nuts and bolts and thats about it and that should remove quite a bit of heft.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 11:35 AM

Cool

I was out on the Millesettantotto yesterday for well over a 100 miles. Great weather and negotiated a lot of narrow twisty dike roads (NO, THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU ALL THINK IT IS!).

What a great bike! Still in standard set up, except for the RG3 stainless slip-ons. The Arrow headers, midpipe and cat replacement, and the RapidBike go back on next Friday. 190.4 rwhp????

The difference will be.... interesting.

Nulla tenaci invia est via

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode