Which fuel tank hose goes where? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Which fuel tank hose goes where?

The actual fuel lines are color coded - nice.
There are two nipples on the tank, left and right. They both look like drain lines.
And there are two hoses that fit them, one goes to a drain line, and the other looks like a vacuum line.

I'd hate to hook the vacuum line to the fuel drain on the tank =)

Does anyone know which side nipple goes to which line?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Well, I asked my Griffon puppy Scooter, who happens to be an A Grade MV Agusta mechanic, and he removed a tank from one of my bikes to show you the two "drain lines" you need to attach the black tubes to at the bottom of the fuel pump. It should be self evident from the general area in which the black tubes sit under the fuel pump which nipple they attach to.

Yes, I have too much time on my hands, but I hope that helps.
Attached Images

Last edited by The_castle; 06-12-2009 at 12:57 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

You are a lion among men.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Banned

ahhh heck, my mutts got into security

I knew they should have took up a trade

next pup i get will be starting an apprenticeship from day one

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
One hose is the water drain from the cap area. the other hose is, in fact, the evap emission hose on your US spec bike. It is coming from (or going to depending on year model) the charcoal canister and eventually routes to a T that connects it to the intake manifolds (via the 4 hoses that are also used for throttle body synch).

Do you have the canister inside the tank or outside?....if your evap system has been eliminated this hose will just go to atmosphere (like the water drain hose). It is all originating inside the tank at the gas cap vent.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 06-12-2009 at 02:24 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:27 AM

The two 'cast into the housing connections' are a drain line from the rear of the fuel filler area and a breather from the fuel tank which goes into the tank via the fuel filler cap. The round thing that looks like a small cooking pan is the fuel pressure regulator, the small dia pipe is a vacuum connection but it is unused on the MV, I guess the fuel pressure reg has other automotive applications.

The white and black are as you say, fuel supply and return, although strictly speeking because the fuel pressure regulator is in the fuel tank it doesn't make any difference which is which, except the line sit better the correct way around

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode