New MV owner - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: Does your F4 want to kill you?
Yes, it is an angry machine but I love it 8 53.33%
No, my F4 loves me 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
ESP
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ESP
Question New MV owner

Hey All

First off thank you for the warm welcome to the forum, I like it quite a bit and it seems like the regulars have quite a bit of fun here.

As a new MV owner I had an observation that I wanted to see if it was just me or if anyone else felt the same way. I love my Senna and Tamburini but I think my MV's want to kill me.

Allow me to explain. I have ridden a lot of bikes in my life, and all kinds of conditions mostly dirt/sand as a kid.

As a Senna fan and someone who really appreciates the pure beauty of the F4 I had to have one. It just happens that my Senna came with a Tamburini and 999R Xerox.

I now have 4 bikes I ride often, my GSX-R feels like a toy, and the Ducati feels like it cares about my well being, but is still incredible fast and nimble. My MV's feel like they are upset and want to kill me!!

Don't get me wrong, I love riding them. In fact I'm going to take the Senna out in a couple minutes here.

-Eric

Garage:

2005 Tambo #105 (Race Brembo Monoblocks, and controls, custom seat)
2006 Ducati Xerox 999R #172 (too much to list, show)
2006 Bimota DB6R Delirio #6 (Zard exhaust, red lamps)
2007 Senna #184 (Uprated pumps, rear sets, Ti bolts, controls, HID, Integrated rear led brakes turn signals)
2007 GSX-R Sixer (Ti/Ti/Cf pipe, Yosh Racing Cam, pwr commander)
2007 Aprilia SR-50 R Factory (Leo Pipe and weights, it goes 50!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Established Member

I've had my 1000 for about 3 months now. It has the riding house TI system and has been chipped to suit. It went over the dyno at 182hp. The power delivery is absolutely brutal. I have owned a Kwaka ZX12 as well as a Honda Blackbird and I still have a GSXR 1000 K8 and I have never experienced anything like the way the MV makes its power.
Don't get me wrong I love riding it and when you get it right its the most satisfying feeling there is but when you get it wrong, Yes it certainly feels like it wants to kill you.
I had and EVO2 750 before the 1000 and it was the opposite. One of the easiest bikes I have ever owned to ride fast.
Having said that I still think the F4 1000 is the best bike I have ever owned and it will be in my garage for a long time.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 PM

People just laugh when I tell them this but at the MV factory, when an worker is injured or killed, production doesn't stop. The worker's replaced and things go on. My psychic cousin said that could be the reason from the angry aura in my MVs.

Seriously, I think MV’s suffer from an on/off throttle but other than that, they’re very civil. I can let the rev’s drop to a bit below 3,000 rpm and it would sputter or protest. I can cruise at 3,000 rpm and it will just purr. Or, I can take it up to redline and have no problem. It’s a very flexible engine. The key is a steady hand and to eliminate or minimize the jerkiness. MV’s are also dead stable and tell you everything that’s going on. So, I really don’t think my MV’s were trying to kill me. My current 1198, is like a bull (not to mention the excess play in the throttle which I need to adjust). Doesn’t really have the on/off torque but just an f$#^ing attitude.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
ESP
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ESP
Maybe it's an attitude but I think it wants to kill me. This does not make me want to ride it more cautiously. I think the power delivery is a big part of it, as you guys are right it is very different in how it makes power. it almost encourages me to ride it a bit harder than my other bikes, like it is calling me a wimp or something. I think I might name the Tamburini "Christine" after the Stephen King book.

-Eric

Garage:

2005 Tambo #105 (Race Brembo Monoblocks, and controls, custom seat)
2006 Ducati Xerox 999R #172 (too much to list, show)
2006 Bimota DB6R Delirio #6 (Zard exhaust, red lamps)
2007 Senna #184 (Uprated pumps, rear sets, Ti bolts, controls, HID, Integrated rear led brakes turn signals)
2007 GSX-R Sixer (Ti/Ti/Cf pipe, Yosh Racing Cam, pwr commander)
2007 Aprilia SR-50 R Factory (Leo Pipe and weights, it goes 50!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode