Summer Holiday - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Talking Summer Holiday

Been on my hols:

I took the bike through Holland, Germany and Austria to Lake Garda in Italy and back via the Nurburgring. I only suffered from 5 mechanical breakdowns (none of them terminal) and covered 2200 miles.

First off the battery failed in Innsbruck, Austria on the 2nd day and leaked acid all over the swingarm - nice. I found a scooter repair shop and bought a direct replacement battery for 50 euros.
Next the fork seal on the right hand fork popped on a mountain pass in the Alps near Bolzano. This didn't massively affect the handling although there was increased dive on the brakes.
Third the carbon heel guard on the left hand side vibrated a bolt loose ( which I didn't notice) and then snapped the now unfastened lug of CF off. Easily fixed (temporarily) with a tie wrap.
Fourth the sidestand switch vibrated a bolt loose on the Nurburgring on the first lap causing the engine to stop, fortunately it only happened on the final straight and I was able to coast off saving myself the 180 euro breakdown fee. the bolt wasn't lost as it was held semi in place by the fairing, so I just retightened it and was on my way round the ring for a further 2 laps.
Finally on the final days run for the ferry the exhaust supporting bolt on the LH side vibrated free causing a few problems for me until I located one under the seat that I could use to replace it.
I also drained all the oil from the leaking fork before I went on the ring so that it wouldn't place anyone in danger by leaking oil onto the Ring.

Overall an eventful trip but a very good laugh. I would recommend Lake Garda to anyone a lovely place and a great set of roads to ride. Obviously the Nurburgring was a blast and the MV was the perfect bike to ride it on (fork seal notwithstanding).

Uploaded pictures below from the Alps, Lake Garda, the Porsche museum (Stuttgart) and the Nurburgring in no particular order. Before anyone mentions it I took no luggage apart from a bum bag (fanny pack) and I borrowed the use of 1 pannier on my mates blade (thanks Nige).
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Banned

Nice write up and some very pice pics, keep them coming would love to see more of your trip

be very carefull not to come off with that jacket, they do not wear well on the road

be nice to see more pics of that trip

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

I've fell off my race bike in that jacket and jeans twice, admittedly at medium speeds, but it has worn very well, although I am not certain it would do so well again so I have an Arlen Ness suit for the track now.

I have loads of pics but not so many of the bikes will try to upload later
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Right I have added all my photos of the trip to my album for anyone who is interested
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Photos from the ring

Here are some photos of the MV on the Ring at Adenau bridge
Attached Images

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Should be nice to met some mv.net members in Garda Lake.I know that ManuelF4 also come there sometimes..
Garda lake is 2 hours by my home!
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

I did see one other MV near Lake Garda, it was a black/grey 1000 on Italian plates ridden by a guy aged about 35 -40 in jeans and a fabric jacket in a fuel station near Trento don't know if he was a member here or not.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 07:49 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Sounds like a great trip!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM

I am quite jealous. though I must say 5 mechanical failures is quite an awful lot in 2200 miles!

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

breakdowns

I wasn't the only one to break down, Phil on a brand new (less than 1000 mile) 675 Daytona broke the clutch cable. Our Sat Nav told us there was a Triumph dealer in Innsbruck - a stroke of luck as that was our planned overnight stop. We searched for it and below is a photo of the aforementioned 'Dealership':
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode