Melloti Tail Tidy? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via MSN to Mr. F4
Cool Melloti Tail Tidy?

Just curious to know if anybody has installed or viewed the melloti tail tidy for the f4? at the moment i have my license plate bolted directly onto the bracket under the exhaust and its burnt to crap (getting new custom plate soon) and due to this i also have no plate light and i dont really want to get booked on the way home from work as its now dark by 5pm...looks good in photos just after some more info thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 AM

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...hlight=melotti

For sure other members will have pics of the melotti tailtidy fitted on their bike

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:39 AM

Cool

Quote:
if anybody has installed or viewed the melloti tail tidy for the f4?
I've got one in black; really lovely, good quality etc.

Quote:
Jay, a friend of mine has a KTM 690 SMC-R (or something) and wants to know if the thing would fit his bike. Any ideas?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 05:58 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I have one. Excellent quality, beautiful design. I hangs a little lower than the evoluzione. I like the evoluzione better.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF4Black View Post
I've got one in black; really lovely, good quality etc.
Jay, a friend of mine has a KTM 690 SMC-R (or something) and wants to know if the thing would fit his bike. Any ideas?
....hmmm, i doubt it would. The MV tailtidy's insert is pretty specific so i don't think the one on the KTM is in any way similar. But then again, we don't much about KTMs

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:16 AM

Cool

Thnx Jay!

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 AM

We've had these installed on our F4-1000R for a while and have installed quite a few including GMass's bike (forum member). Point of note is that GMass had the Evoluzione kit at first and for some reason he broke it off after a particularly spirited ride. The rearshock compressed to the point that it had bent and broke the single mounting post on the Evo kit. I think he lost the whole assembly and was not aware of it until sometime later in the ride.

We sell both and can recommend both but as previous posters have indicated the Evoluzione kit is much smaller and mounts much higher and further forward. It is quite minimalist and is considerably cheaper. The MSP kit is much, much nicer but is also considerably more costly. It mounts with 3 bolts and is much sturdier. The Evo kit mounts with only one screw.

Here are pics of both mounted:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Motovation is now on Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazadore View Post
We sell both and can recommend both but as previous posters have indicated the Evoluzione kit is much smaller and mounts much higher and further forward. It is quite minimalist and is considerably cheaper. The MSP kit is much, much nicer but is also considerably more costly. It mounts with 3 bolts and is much sturdier. The Evo kit mounts with only one screw.
+1

I had the Evo kit initially, but felt the Melotti kit was far superior in quality and construction, so I bought the Melotti kit (with the LED license plate light) and haven't looked back.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM

I would not mind having one of those setup that would work with the Arrow thundercans. Got the stock plate holder to fit but barely...probably a result of the exhaust cans being a lot thicker than the organ pipe setup.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 PM

i was talkin to melotti the other day and found there goods to be pretty spot on,as they aslo do a range for Jap bikes.my mate has the number plate set up on his 1000 and it looks fantastic,so i think i might do the same in black with the alloy led.i suppose it all boils down to personal preference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode