Ferracci risers / bars vs. 1K clip ons?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Ferracci risers / bars vs. 1K clip ons??

My old a$$ is having a hard time riding my 02 F4. I feel like I need a prop rod to keep my head in the look foward position. I read many old threads regarding raising the bars. It seems the only 2 choices I could find are the Ferracci risers and bars (or just risers??) or later F4 1K clip ons. Can anyone comment on which is more effective in positioning the rider a bit more upright?? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:31 PM

I have the ferracci riser on my F4. They are in deed a big help. It seams to be not much of a difference by looking at it but You feel for sure way more relaxed. Another Plus is that You don't smash Your thumbs at the Air Tubes anymore in tight turns. Instead of this the handle bars get contact with the Nose Cone, making tight turns still a little tricky.
However in my opinion are Leathers and Helmets restricting the movement of of Your neck. At least I experienced this. For an example if I ride with my CRC Suit, Zipper closed till the the top, I'm done after just 30 miles. If I leave the Zipper 4 Inch open I can ride basically the whole Day. If I ride with my CRC Vented Jacket (Textile) I feel for an example absolutely comfy. Another thing I discovered is that Helmets can restrict You from keeping Your head up. In a way that You fight all the time against the collar of the Suit to get a better Vision. Or that the Neck Roll of the Helmet is getting in touch with the Collar of the Suit. Worst if You migth use a Back Pack for an example. I fixed an additional Foam Pad in my Helmets so that they sit just a third of an inch higher on my head. And wow this alone makes an enormous difference.
All this Issues can make the diffrence between Hell or Heaven. Just try sit on Your Bike, Bike being on the padock Stand, in a T-Shirt, with T and Helmet and than with Your full Gear. Than You will know what I'm talking about.
Good luck !
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:40 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
You could use either as they both will help with the riding position. I have the ferraccis on my SPR and 748. I can ride the SPR all day and be fine.

If I remember correctly, I think the Ferraccis are a little more upright than the stock F4 1000 clip ons.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys. Do I need both the Ferracci risers and bars or just the riser clamps??
Haupti, I know what your saying about gear. If I ride this bike without zipping my pants and jacket togather, my helmet rubs my boy racer back hump. I also noticed that my head is positioned different when wearing different helmets. I'm more comfortable with my HJC Carbon lid than with the Shoei. The HJC is lighter and has a higher viewing area than the Shoei.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 01:13 PM

The Ferracci Risers are fine. Really
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
CAG

I think the bars are the same diameters, check with Ferracci to be sure.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 PM

I'm looking everywhere for a picture of the Ferracci risers installed on an F4. Anybody know where one is? I'm going to buy some and I'm guessing that the polished bits are the way to go.

Andy
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
CAG

Get the black.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 PM

Crap... I already ordered 'em. I'll call and change it tomorrow. Is black what they're calling "tumbled"?

Andy
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 PM

If they have them in matt black I would go for them as well. At the time I bought mine were the only options polished or thumbled. I didn't wanted anything shiny so I went for the thumbled ones. The tumbled risers are matt but have a little texture to it. Kind of like zinc coating has.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode