God its warm! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

God its warm!

Got to hand it to you guys who live in warmer climates. I was out on my MV today and its a whopping 28 degrees (we are more used to 16) here in Ireland. God it was uncomfortable. How the hell do ya's do it? I was sweating my b*llocks off. I would have to give up the bike if it was this warm all the time! LOL. Cant wait for it to cool down again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:05 PM

Over here we had the same beautiful weekend, but I had the same problem

We just aren't used to these conditions but when the summer arrives and we will go over 30 degrees I will be on the beach enjoying that's for sure.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:12 PM

and moist.

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:13 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Mano View Post
Got to hand it to you guys who live in warmer climates. I was out on my MV today and its a whopping 28 degrees (we are more used to 16) here in Ireland. God it was uncomfortable. How the hell do ya's do it? I was sweating my b*llocks off. I would have to give up the bike if it was this warm all the time! LOL. Cant wait for it to cool down again.
LOL

Nice one Mano! My MV is downunder but I was out on the SP4 and it's the exact opposite to the F4 - temp guage never went over 85oC. Unzipped the jacket & cool as a breeze!

Enjoy the summer!!

If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

2000 MV F4S
1992 Ducati 888 SP4
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I just hate the heat. I am never jealous of friends/family going abroad. lol. Im always relieved that I aint going with them. I hear tomorrow will be cooler so thats a relief.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:31 PM

28c equates to 82f and if you think that's hot you ain't seen nothing. 82 in Charleston is mild. We're already at 92f and it's not hot yet. We'll average around 92-95 during the summer and the humidity will be 90+ percent.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Haha! 28 degrees in ireland? Wow! My folks have been complaining about no sun for months (they live in Dublin) So they went to Spain for the week.. Looks like they picked the wrong week.

I lived in Singapore for 18 months - I can tell you the Tropics are no place for an Irishman - I'm in California now and the Bay area weather works ok for me. Not too hot but not gloomy all year either.

I had wondered if there were any MV's in Ireland.... There's at least one I see. Did you have to bring it in from the UK or is there a dealer there now?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrun View Post
Haha! 28 degrees in ireland? Wow! My folks have been complaining about no sun for months (they live in Dublin) So they went to Spain for the week.. Looks like they picked the wrong week.

I lived in Singapore for 18 months - I can tell you the Tropics are no place for an Irishman - I'm in California now and the Bay area weather works ok for me. Not too hot but not gloomy all year either.

I had wondered if there were any MV's in Ireland.... There's at least one I see. Did you have to bring it in from the UK or is there a dealer there now?
Lol, its always the way isnt it, your folks sure did pick the wrong time.

There arent too many MVs in Ireland, you would be luck to see a handful in a year. RR Motorcycles in Lisburn are MV dealers, I got mine there a few months ago. I also had to play a football match tonight, I was sweating before I even kicked a ball.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 PM

After a while, your mind and body adjust to the heat. I lived in Phoenix, Arizona for 7 years and rode (commute to work) all year round. Temperatures would be over 100 degrees from June to September and after a few days in the heat, you adjust.

I tried a couple of jackets but the only thing that really kept me cool (relatively speaking) are the mesh jackets (Joe Rocket being my favorite) poriferated leathers just didn't let enough air in to really keep me cool. But it's compromise of safty v. comfort.

If you want to up the ante, you can wear a wet t-shirt (or get one of those "water vest" which will have the same effect on your clothes) and wear them underneath a mesh jacket and you will be cold -at least until it dries out. It's a strange sensation to have your heat arms, feet, and legs hot while your torse is ice cold.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
After a while, your mind and body adjust to the heat. I lived in Phoenix, Arizona for 7 years and rode (commute to work) all year round. Temperatures would be over 100 degrees from June to September and after a few days in the heat, you adjust.

I tried a couple of jackets but the only thing that really kept me cool (relatively speaking) are the mesh jackets (Joe Rocket being my favorite) poriferated leathers just didn't let enough air in to really keep me cool. But it's compromise of safty v. comfort.

If you want to up the ante, you can wear a wet t-shirt (or get one of those "water vest" which will have the same effect on your clothes) and wear them underneath a mesh jacket and you will be cold -at least until it dries out. It's a strange sensation to have your heat arms, feet, and legs hot while your torse is ice cold.

100 degrees! I think I would die. Its 20 mins to midnight and I cant sleep because its too warm, it must be 22 degrees . I think the only solution is to ride naked , just have to make sure my tackle doesnt touch the exhaust!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode