312R Info Wanted - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

312R Info Wanted

I owned an F4 750 a few years ago which trapped my thumbs and hurt my back and wrists but I loved the bike anyway.

I have owned Ducati's and an RC8 ever since and must admit I do like the 'V' Twin.

I have not had my RC8 long and it rides great, handles superbly and looks fantastic with the Red Bull Paint scheme but there is just 'something' not letting me bond with the bike. Nothing wrong with it at all but I really fancy a new 312R with them reducing the prices.

I know the new 312R looks very similar to my old F4 750 and a new model is probably due later this year but can owners or anyone who has ridden one give me some honest answers before I take the plunge. I do not want to do a deal then find I have made a mistake !!

I have heard that the bars are higher now so no more jammed thumbs and not as far a reach to the bars is this correct.

I have a 30" inseam, will the bike be too tall for me or will I manage ok.

Does the bike handle as good as the new generation models, GSXR, R1, Blade etc or is it showing its age here.

What is the engine like, smooth, quick, reliable, any problems to look for long term or should it have the later parts fitted already?

Is the mono more desireable than the biposto or the other way around and is the White/Black a safe colour to go for.

Are spares more readily available now if needed or still rubbish

Any other advice appreciated.

I cannot ride one as my nearest dealer is about 150 miles away but the bike does look stunning.

Thanks

Last edited by iang27; 05-31-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Established Member

Hi

There are no more red/silver monos in the Uk. You might get one of the other colours if you are quick as a mono. A few bipostos still around too. Deals will be drying up soon as stock is running low now. Personally I prefer the monos - look sleeker but not as useful. Ive only got a 30" inside leg and dont have any problem riding them.

Bike handles well on smoother roads and is very quick with superb brakes- little on the heavy side though and it isnt a bike for pootling around on - it needs a firm hand really. Find the 312r much more comfy than the earlier bikes. Watch out for the overheating issue but this is solvable at a small cost. So far Ive had no trouble with getting spares. I like my 312r so much I bought a 1078 recently.

Good luck but be quick

Cheers
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM

I've got one I love it!

Where about's are you in the UK?

My dealer is nearly a 100 miles away but worth it.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:26 AM

Hey my last bike was a late R1, which was a fast and well sorted bike, and fun on track. before i had ducatis, gixers, and yams
But the 312 which i now have blows them all out the water in so many ways. Not going back.

I'm 6ft1ins and it is very focused for me but i like that. long trips can mean i few stops but nothing to worry about on track its amazing.
I solved this with adjustable rear sets. As wotmeworry says watch the over heating but loads of ways to sort that out.

coming back to Itailain bikes has given me back the passion that i just don't feel as much with Jap bikes. may be its the sound, and the feeling of riding a special bike. I always feel at one on the MV, and the R1 always made me feel on it instead of part of it.

good luck you will love it

MV Agusta 1000R 312

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Established Member

I'm selling all 3 of my V twin bikes to get one!!!!!!

Motorcycling is “Art in Motion”
2002 Yellow Ducati 998 "For Sale"
2002 Yellow Aprilia RSV Mile R "For Sale"
2002 Yellow Suzuki TL1000R “Full Custom Sport Bike/195rwhp/N.O.S.” "For Sale"
Armin van Buuren “State of Trance get any year"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:39 AM
MV1

Yes I have to agree with the guy's on this. I have 2 "s" model F4 1000's now and I'm basiclly using one just for track days at this point. Their great bikes with loads of character. I don't think you will ever truely regreat their purchase although I do understand your genreal concern on this. I shared some of your same concerns intially and even started out on a Ebay expedition, in presuit of a spares intially when I first got mine thinking there be some type of Euro-bike parts shortage, but have found the parts availablity issue to be pretty much a non-issue for the most part (hopefully it stays that way under HD ownership), but with that all siad. they do require a bit more attention (preventive maintenance and such) then some of the other mass-produced bikes out there and expect to be well looked after by their owners.

Last edited by MV1; 06-01-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode