Buying an '06 F41000S... Help? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Buying an '06 F41000S... Help?

Hello all, I'm a newbie but a long-time lurker because I have a thing for MVs. Tomorrow, I'm planning on bringing one home to join my two Triumph's in the garage. This one felt like a deal I couldn't pass up. I went and looked at it yesterday and it seems immaculate. It's a completely stock 2006 F41000S with 2,045 miles and the agreed-to price is $10.5k.

If you have a chance, I'd love to hear you guys sound off on what I should be thinking about for the pre-purchase inspection in the morning and what you think about the price. The one thing I don't like is the lack of service records. The guy I'm buying from didn't ever ride it... he didn't even register it. The bike has the same miles as when the title was signed over to him. I don't know a thing about the first owner who put the 2,000 miles on it.

Thanks in advance. I hope to be a part of the crowd tomorrow.

Cheers,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:09 AM

Looks lovely and it sounds like a great deal
But has that bike never been registered at all or hasn't been registered by the last owner?
If it was never registered at all it probably was a track only bike.
Still, if it's has good as it looks, just get the damn thing and enjoy
BTW, welcome and congrats.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Yes, it was registered in Florida... I'm in Texas. I can't find any indication that it was ever safety-wired, but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't on the track.

I'd sure like to know if it was dealer-serviced so I could ask them what, if anything, has been done.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:33 AM

Well, it probably hasn't been tracked then. But even if it were it doesn't mean anything. As long as it has been properly maintained.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:48 AM
Looks very nice, I see it's got clear lenses on the front indicators and rear light, are there any other mods?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

See... that's why I'm here. I didn't even know that was a mod. I'm not aware of any other after-market bits, but clearly that doesn't mean much.

The seller says it's all stock.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Well, it probably hasn't been tracked then. But even if it were it doesn't mean anything. As long as it has been properly maintained.
I wish I knew if it was properly maintained. It "looks" cherry. And the rubber is OEM with what looks like 2,000 miles of wear. They're scrubbed all the way to the edge; somebody was leaning it over, but it's not the kind of wear you'd expect from lots of track use.

I dunno... I expect I'll take a chance on it. Can anybody recommend a good MV tech in the Houston area?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM

It has a carbon fiber rear hugger too.

I'd like to know how hot it gets after idling for about 5 minutes in the Texas heat. I'd also like to know the condition of the radiator to make sure there are no cracks. A pre-inspection should take care of that.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
From the rest of your photos, the bike looks pretty much standard Andy apart from the stuff we've already mentioned. Someone has been 'riding' it though, there are no chicken strips on the rear tyre

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 03:34 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
One can never be positive from pics alone, but the bike appears to be in excellent stock condition. As stated, the hugger is extra and the tail and mirror lenses are add ons.

That is a very attractive price for the bike. I assume it has a clear, not branded title.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode