Fuel leak problems - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Fuel leak problems

Okay guys I finally gathered up the courage to dissasemble the SR and figure out where it is leaking from. I got all the panels off and just left the tank in place to start the inspection. I looked on the very lowest part of the tank (where the fuel is drawn from) with a flashlight and turned teh key on to pressurize the rail...viola....leak. So it appears to be what eveyone thought it was.

I read through the thread a couple times. I find one thing confusing. In this thread:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/09/fu...-fittings.html

There are two pictures next to each other which show both fittings in what appears to be the same piece (picture 3 and 4). Are they the same or the inside and outside of that fitting? Is it a one or the other situation where you choose either the barb or the coupling? It appears I need to order the 90 degree hose barb and the coupling bodies as well...or am I wrong?

http://www.omega.com/pptst/ftlc.html

P/N FT-LCD100-04-VITON - Coupling Body or threaded part that fits into tank
P/N FT-LCD230-06-VITON - Hose Barb or part that fits on hose

or from:

http://webcat.ryanherco.com/products.../040110140.cfm

P/N LCD10004 - Coupling Body or threaded part that fits into tank
P/N LCD23006 - Hose Barb or part that fits on hose

Also, someone mentioned that I need to order some green fuel resistant O-rings...source, part number, phone number? I haven't ever heard of these but if I am going to do this I might as well do it right.

Also found out that I will be deploying for a long period to the desert...I would love to ride at least once before I go.

Just want the knowledgable to make sure I don't go awry here in my first MV repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyrottin View Post
There are two pictures next to each other which show both fittings in what appears to be the same piece (picture 3 and 4). Are they the same or the inside and outside of that fitting? Is it a one or the other situation where you choose either the barb or the coupling? It appears I need to order the 90 degree hose barb and the coupling bodies as well...or am I wrong?
Yeah, that photo could be confusing.

All that is going on is that someone put the male fitting (without the hose on it) into the female coupling. Just think of it as the two fittings have been mated together to show them connected. The hose would be attached to the male fitting barbed end and that goes off to the fuel rails.

Alex
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Parts are ordered. For the 4 pieces a total of $73.00 delivered. For future reference, it is cheaper to buy them from the RyanHerco. I made the mistake of direct order fro the manufacturer. Urgh...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Still in the waiting mode...will give this a go when parts arrive.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 03:40 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
The green coloured O rings are available from Ducati and appear to seal much better than the black type used by MV.. Also, the Ducati O rings are cheaper..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Pohi
Are these part numbers correct? I went to order the parts from Ryan Herco and the salesman told me that the parts would not fit together since one is 1/4 and the other is 3/8. Is this person mistaken, or are the part numbers here wrong?

Thanks
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Pohi
I called another salesperson, and she said that the first guy was incorrect and these parts should fit together. Unfortunately Ryan Herco did not have all the parts in stock so I had to get them from Omega.com.

$73.00 total with tax and standard ups shipping.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Those parts are the ones that worked for me. Just take your time making the change. You could actually see fuel pissing out of the plastic fitting while it was under pressure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode