turnsignal intergrator blackbox-(for f4??) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Question turnsignal intergrator blackbox-(for f4??)

Hello everyone-has anyone tried using a turnsignal intergrator kit on the rear brakelights of their f4(thus no need for stock turnsignals/no need for pirates lair l e d conversion???)- I noticed in lockhart phillips(pro italia online catalog) that the little blackbox for turnsignal conversion is for sale for ducati 748/996(but nothing for mv agusta f4)-soo my question is could that product work on our mv agustas f4 brake lights without the need for resistors etc (and is there any major differences between ducati/MV electrical set up for rear brake lights on either bikes-COULD THIS WORK ????-thanks for any thoughts/ideas!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 04:52 PM

hi i have recently installed an integrated smoked rear light on my F4R and also smoked front lenses with the chrome bulbs and even though project-r on ebay gave me a resistor pack to install i never actually needed to plug anything extra in as they blink at a good rate. However not the easiest thing to see but hey who cares they look cool as anything.
i can put pics on if you want how its fitted.
The only drama i had was attaching it to the standard wires but that just took some re routing.

Marc
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Established Member

Send a message via MSN to Mr. F4
Exclamation having a bit of trouble with my integrated turn signal set up

hey there im just completely lost as to witch wires are meant to go where...the closest i have got to have them working is having both blinking at the same time...the brake light was simple as but i cant work out which of these four wires goes where...eg the green, brown, red and yellow? could you help?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:02 AM
lee

This just my opinion OK? Integrated lights are cool and look trick. But the idiot on the cel phone or the little old lady behind you or to the side may not either recognize or see them during the day. Or the night. Personally I want as much information about what I'm doing/planning on doing pouring out of the ass end as I can get. There's alot to be said for the "Christmas tree" rear ends on HD's. Pretty hard to miss though I wouldn't go that far.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:19 PM

the integrated light i got only had 2 extra wires and these were yellow and they were for the indicators so you just had to connect it up to the correct indicator the running light and brake light just plugged into the standard bayonnet fitting just as your bulb would fit.
i can put on pics if required. i did get the smoked rear light and in certain conditions it can be difficult to see.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Established Member

Question

yeah the running and brake light as you said very simple. my indicator light wires are also two yellow ones, just got lost and not sure which of the four standard wires should be used...pics would be a great help! thanks mate
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 PM

I've got a box on my F4 with a clear alternatives light. It works great but I've been thinking about trashing the whole works because of just what Lee said. You really have to look to see the signals. Most people have absolutly no clue that I'm turning. My next post may be the tail light for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 06:39 AM
Established Member

Question clear alternatives integrated unit troubleshooting

ok so im in a pickle now...just decided id ride it to my mechanic tomorrow and get him to get the indicators working as its only one turn and up the highway from here anyway so not an issue there but now there is s short and my bike wont start at all! i think i should have just left it to someone with a bit more electrical common sense than myself...hope i havent done any damage...on an upside the integrated tail light looks trick as and much brighter than the standard unit
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:23 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
There was a thread here about someone who got the wires crossed and shorted something out and his bike wouldn't run either.

Unfortunately, I don't remember what the solution was and I haven't looked for the thread.

You might see if you can find it so you and your mechanic have some idea of what to look for.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to ptitbeberose
I just installed integrated Clear alternative taillights a few days ago. For the right turn signal, connect the MV red wire to the single CA yellow one for this side, connect the MV white wire to the other yellow for the left side. The other MV wires were ground wires but it looks like CA integretaded the turn signal grounds with the taillight ground, so you can just secure the 2 left-over MV wires.

2004 Brutale America
2000 Heritage softail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode