F4 750 some help and comments for a Ducati guy! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

F4 750 some help and comments for a Ducati guy!

Hi all.

A couple of years ago I finally took the plunge and bought a bike! At the time I visited a few forums and asked some questions 748 or F4 750 and in the end I bought a 748. Since then I tracked down a bike I that I had on my wall when I was 17, my 1996 955SP, and also owned an 848 for a year, and bought a 600 monster (with 916 fairings) as a track bike.

Since the credit crunch hit I am left with only the 955 which I will try and never sell but I love track days and I just couldnt be responsible for throwing that bike down the road! So I have been looking out for a good bike on the track and perhaps also a bike I could go put my wife on the back for a short ride.

From riding a 52bhp monster around the track I have learnt that on most circuits I can cut it with all but the fastest guys without the need for much more power.... but I think 100bhp would be my minimum and also a true superbike chassis!

The bike I had in mind was a '06 -'08 R6 or perhaps a 748. But the R6 while quite "stealth bomber" its still leaves me a bit cold as its so common on the track but the upside is all the cheap parts and reliability. While the 748 is great cause its so similar to my 955... but thats also a down side. Plus the rocker issue and parts / servicing costs.

Which leads me on to.... the F4 750

I have had a look around the internet and it looks like a good one could be had for £5k which makes it a viable option.

Couple of questions for you:

1. I love Ohlins. I put some genuine 955 Corsa WSB Ohlins on my 955 with Mag yokes also narrow track discs and monobloc brembo calipers, but I see that an ohlins fork is not an option on any MV F4s and also only brembo on the recent models! What do the bikes racing at the top levels run? Are the later more powerful bikes have different yokes etc? I could kick myself because only about a month ago did I throw away an italian magazine I bought in the airport which had the sexiest MV Race bike without its bodywork and if I remember gas forks etc!

2. If I find a single seat bike that is the right money is it as easy as it is on a Ducati to make it a 1+1? On a 748 you would just buy a new rear subframe and a bibosto seat? Though I see there arent any around on ebay, whereas there would be about 20 ducati ones I would think.

3. Whats the 750 like on the track? also compared to say an R6? I would think this bike would be in its element?

Many thanks for any responses and sorry if this is a bit of a broken record around here!

Hugh

Last edited by 955SP; 05-22-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP View Post

2. If I find a single seat bike that is the right money is it as easy as it is on a Ducati to make it a 1+1? On a 748 you would just buy a new rear subframe and a bibosto seat? Though I see there arent any around on ebay, whereas there would be about 20 ducati ones I would think.

The rear subframe, rear fairing and rear exhaust cover, and a few bits and pieces. There is often a 1+1 owner wanting to swap (ask here if you get the bike), and these parts also turn up on ebay every couple of months.

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks yo_clarkie for that info.

After a bit more searching I have also read the thread regarding the conversion now also!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode