New Rubbers please. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

New Rubbers please.

Having recently been caught out by the British weather....and caught in a monsoon on track tires on our fair roads.....Has anyone recently bought an all round road tire that they would recommend. I want occasional track days but something with tread now for road use....The options out there are vast but tell me you have been blown away by something and I will indulge myself.....thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm pretty happy with the Pilot Power 2CT. It has a medium center (for high mileage commuting) and soft edges (for canyon carving).

Pretty sticky. The front is fantastic - I haven't felt it push yet, even in downhill turns under light braking.
The rear has been sliding around a lot on me lately when I really push it. Even when it slides, it gives decent feedback. It starts to feel snotty, then starts sliding slightly under moderate acceleration. As long as you work up to your fast pace, it will let you know when you're on the edge. It doesn't just work great at one level and then completely step out at the next.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptyk View Post
I'm pretty happy with the Pilot Power 2CT.

+1 on the PP2CT FOR UK.Great tyre
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:00 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
I've been a big fan of the 2CT's for years, but I've heard some good reports on the Bridgestone equivalents.. I might give the Bridgestone’s a try on the next tyre renewal.

Maybe, someone out there is already using these tyres and might want to come forward and give us their opinion on the BT's.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Haven't been in the wet with the BT-016 yet, but like the tire overall. I've heard noting but good on the 2CT's though.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 AM

I like the Pilot Powers 2CTs the Power Ones should be even better - can't wait.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:27 AM
Smile

Yet another vote for 2CT's from me, however the last pair I had on my Ducati started to 'white line' badly towards the end of their life and the front tyre developed a kind of strange scalloped shape on the profile, perhaps due to the braking set up on the Duke, or my riding style or both. It wouldn't put me off buying some more however. As JDS has said, there are plenty of other dual compound rubber options out there now. Just out of interest I've got Michelin Power race rubber on both my MV and the Duke at the mo and whilst the tyre life will probably not be great, they do stick to the road like snot to an ice cream and I've been caught out in the wet myself with them and provided you go steady they will get you home.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:45 AM

I give my vote to Pirelli Corsa III's, these are my tyre of choice on my 750F4 and the Brutale. Jen and I have tried teh 2CT'S and like John above found that the front tyre wear was a bit odd, felt horrible on the road.

Have used the Corsa III's on a track day (F4 and Brute) and they are very good, not a race trye but certainly able to run at a fast pace. On the road in the wet they warm up fast and offer good grip. Certainly the tire I will go for when either bike needs new boots.

JimboF4
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 03:54 AM
Established Member

pp2ct here too

It was a woman that drove me to drink,I still hav'nt thanked her!!!!!!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 04:02 AM

I can recommend NOT buying the Conti Sport Attack ...... They get good reviews for wet traction and all the other metrics that matter, but IMHO don't suit the MV!

Happiness is Red and Silver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode