Need a Piece That Fell Off on Today's Ride - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Need a Piece That Fell Off on Today's Ride

Before I call the dealer tomorrow, would anyone have a lead or a better source to replace the gray panel (see pic) that fell off on today's 100 mile ride? Didn't even know it was missing until I was cleaning the bike. It must have just popped off somehow! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned

sorry to hear that

as you will be aware sometimes they dont fall off, they are removed

have a friend who also lost one whilst at a race day, noticed it had gone as soon as he returned to the bike

its a sad world we live in when some dont respect others property, hope you pick one up without having to pay full price

good luck.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM

My battery tender lead is under that so I remove mine when I put it up for the day I have had to make sure its actually snug in the rubber grommet before I leave.

I am not sure where to find one without going to the dealer though, wish you the best of luck man.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 AM

I have seen a few on ebay (I'm a bit of an ebay addict) just search for mv agusta and look thru. not too pricey if i remember rightly
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 05:00 AM

Same thing happend to me and i got a new one under warranty. In my case one of the pins that hold the panel just broke I still had the pin on the tank although the panel flew off.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Same thing happend to me and i got a new one under warranty. In my case one of the pins that hold the panel just broke I still had the pin on the tank although the panel flew off.
Good tip! I'm going to seek a replacement via warranty. After leaving this post I went to look at the bike again and the pin had broken off, with the pin stub still in its socket on the bike. I'm wondering if it just broke off and dropped when I was moving the bike around off the side of the road during the ride. Will ride out today and see.

Steve
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM

someone made some kinda of tether to keep the panel from flying away if it ever got loose. can't remember who came up with that though. hard to imagine how they can get away with your legs right there.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
mine to fell off on the first ride the pin had no glue on it when you get a new one silcon the pins then it won't happen again
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:30 PM

Mmmmm, the previous owner of my rocketship used a cable tie thro the vent slot to prevent it dissappearing. Until I removed them.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

BTW everyone, the piece fell off on Sunday, I ordered it at my dealer on Monday for fast delivery, it arrived on Tuesday, and I picked it up yesterday Wednesday. Guess I was fortunate it was a piece/color at the warehouse, but it is good to see some parts can arrive quickly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode