Reality better than the dream? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Reality better than the dream?

Do you ever wish for something and when you get it it just didnt live up to expectations? Well I purchased my Mv (feb 09) after 10 years of dreaming about it. Its the first time ever that reality was actually better than the dream! I had a 929 Fireblade and was always very happy with it, but dropped it when trying to jump start it scuffing the side. I was p****d off and said to my wife I need a new bike. So I started looking round for a new superbike (didnt even bother thinking about the MV as I thought it was out of my price range). None flooded my boat, wanted something to blow my socks off. Tried the new fireblade and didnt connect with it all, thought it lacked character. Then my wife said why not buy an MV as you never shut up about them, great wife eh? One week later I have my new baby in the garage! Absolutely love it.
Am I weird for constantly thinking about it? I love going out to the garage just to see it there. It brings out so many emotions when you ride it. Anyone else like this or am I a werido?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 PM
The Machinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Mano View Post
Do you ever wish for something and when you get it it just didnt live up to expectations? Well I purchased my Mv (feb 09) after 10 years of dreaming about it. Its the first time ever that reality was actually better than the dream! I had a 929 Fireblade and was always very happy with it, but dropped it when trying to jump start it scuffing the side. I was p****d off and said to my wife I need a new bike. So I started looking round for a new superbike (didnt even bother thinking about the MV as I thought it was out of my price range). None flooded my boat, wanted something to blow my socks off. Tried the new fireblade and didnt connect with it all, thought it lacked character. Then my wife said why not buy an MV as you never shut up about them, great wife eh? One week later I have my new baby in the garage! Absolutely love it.
Am I weird for constantly thinking about it? I love going out to the garage just to see it there. It brings out so many emotions when you ride it. Anyone else like this or am I a werido?

Fantastic! Great decision and great wife for recommending your dream bike. Welcome to the forum, and no your not weird at all. I go and look at my bikes in the garage every day.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I open the garage door to take a last look before bed most every night.....but, I HAVE been accused of being weird

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 PM

My Wife Even Said I Put More Attention On My Bike Than Her
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM

Thats The Beauty Of It , You'll Never Get Tired Of Looking At It !!! Congratulations !!!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM

Cool

Whenever I go out (or return) on foot or bicycle, I make a point of making the slight detour past my Millesettantotto in the underground carpark. Just did it as a matter of fact. Pure eye candy.

What F4 did you get?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I open the garage door to take a last look before bed most every night.....but, I HAVE been accused of being weird
Yes you are...you are not sleeping in the Garage?

Ciao, Andreas
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I got the 1000r. I know its only plastic and and various metals but its seems alive to me! Just love the sound of it as I leave my house. The attention it gets is unbelieveable! I am also close to the Ulster Grand Prix circuit which if anyone knows is basically a race on the open road here in Ireland. Love racing round against other random people, have never been beat (not blowing my own trumpet here) before I got the MV, and I dont think I will be anytime soon since I got the MV. Its rock solid and the power is brilliant.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

If I could get away with it I think I would sleep in the garage!
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:22 PM

If I had my way it would be in the house.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode