Worlds lightest street legal MV Agusta F4 - MVAgusta.net
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Worlds lightest street legal MV Agusta F4

I am going with this until I am proven other wise. I placed Mona Lisa on the scales. With everything on her, only no fuel, water, or oil. She comes in at 354.5 lbs. Here is how I weighed her. Scales at the drag strip I went to were not consistent and rounded off in 5 lbs. So I purchased a 2x10 board. Knowing that the scales I have go up to 440lbs. Placed the board on the scales, zeroed them, them rolled Mona onto the board. 354.4 lbs is what it read. So I am not 70 lbs under the stock bike. Not sure if I will be under the 400 lbs with all fluids topped off. But I am not sure where to save any more weight. I would of loved to been under the 35o mark dry. That would of been serious bragging rights.

So for those that don't know about Mona Lisa. The only things left stock on her is the dash and wiring harness.

I have every magnesium part available except for the engine cover which has the f4 on it, mine is the motocorse one. This means swingarm, frameplates, hub, lower triple, clutch cover, oil pan, gear housing, sprocket carrier, valve cover, and that thing on the top of the engine for the air pressure.

Over 300 Titanium bolts. All major ones on the bike and everyone that you can see. Only some left on the engine that I can not find the same size on. Full Bodis Ti system

Carbon everything. When I mean everything I mean it. I even had to have some stuff made for me. And yes the gas tank is carbon. Just look at the rotors. Less than a lb each.

Ohlins superbike forks weigh less than the stock forks on the bike. Then I had the Ohlins rear shock reworked to save over lb.

Most cast parts have been replaced with CNC parts. Most of them from Motocorse and a few others I also had made.

I even reworked the headlight to reduce weight and keep the stock look.

Removed the heat exchanger and added a oil cooler to the bike.

Went with the superleggera chain to save a lb.

Here is a pic of her from last year. I have not had a chance to get a good pic this year.
Attached Images

Last edited by R1andrew; 03-27-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:38 PM

Worlds s lightest street legal MV Agusta F4

Sorry not up on the other threads or what not.....whats the reason for all this?

2010 F4
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I have a problem leaving things stock. My MV has been my passion and I could not stop. With projects like these you throw logic and reason out the window. Look up stupid ways to spend money and you will see me and my Mona Lisa. But I did this for me. She makes me feel like a king when I ride her. It is unlike any other bike I have ever owned.
john, john, albymangled and 1 others like this.
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Guess I forgot to mention she has a 1078 engine hand built by the MV race dept using only the best OEM parts. Then I added some race cams to her. She has 184 hp to the rear wheel but should be more know that I lost a lb with the superleggera chain.
gotojoe and gotojoe like this.
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:53 PM

sweet
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 03:37 AM

Nice.

But you know that projects like this never finish

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 03:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
A real credit to you and your conviction for perfection.

Do you keep a running log of expenditure, or is it better to 'turn the blind eye'?

We know that non-enthusiasts will always say: 'You'll never get your money back on that.' But we do; it's returned ten fold in enjoyment! Cheers!!

2007 MV F4 1000R

Last edited by nigelrb; 03-28-2018 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Typo
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 04:04 AM
Hi Andrew, I put this on your Facebook post, but if you are chasing every last lb have you looked at swapping out the battery for a lithium one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 04:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
. . . if you are chasing every last lb have you looked at swapping out the battery for a lithium one?
Surely Andrew wouldn't overlook that? It's a 6lb saving straight off (as you'd well know). And dollar for dollar, perhaps the most cost-effective weight loss.

It's certainly a mod I will make when I'm next due for a battery.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
A real credit to you and your conviction for perfection.

Do you keep a running log of expenditure, or is it better to 'turn the blind eye'?

We know that non-enthusiasts will always say: 'You'll never get your money back on that.' But we do; it's returned ten fold in enjoyment! Cheers!!
Use too. But this has been a project going on for several years. Yes I agree in that you can not measure the enjoyment I get.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode