snatchy throttle - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

snatchy throttle

Hi Guys

This is my first post and I hope some of you can help with a problem I have with my F4 750s. I loved riding this bike and since owning it since 2000 has always been plague with this throttle that seems to be snap shut every time you close the throttle. When you open the throttle again it is snatchy and difficult to modulate smoothness . It helped a little when I put in a power commander and removed the baffles on the standard pipes but does'nt go away or behave like any other bike( I have a couple riding smoothly on the throttle with the MV is the most demanding.)

Is there a solution for this problem or am I the only one complaining since 2000.

In spite of this I still love riding the bike. needs revs, sound fantastic( the beat 4 cylinder sound), looks great and makes the rider feel special.

would appreaciate any help that is offered.

mvduca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
On the left side of the bike, on throttle assembly there are two springs. Remove one of them. That may help.

Welcome aboard.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvduca View Post
Hi Guys

This is my first post and I hope some of you can help with a problem I have with my F4 750s. I loved riding this bike and since owning it since 2000 has always been plague with this throttle that seems to be snap shut every time you close the throttle. When you open the throttle again it is snatchy and difficult to modulate smoothness . It helped a little when I put in a power commander and removed the baffles on the standard pipes but does'nt go away or behave like any other bike( I have a couple riding smoothly on the throttle with the MV is the most demanding.)

Is there a solution for this problem or am I the only one complaining since 2000.

In spite of this I still love riding the bike. needs revs, sound fantastic( the beat 4 cylinder sound), looks great and makes the rider feel special.

would appreaciate any help that is offered.

mvduca
Richen up the fuelling in the low throttle opening portions of your PC table.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

as cag said throttle spring just disconnect it and squeeze the end so it don't wobble about makes it nice and smooth
1st thing i did with mine it gave me cronic wrist ache
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 05:16 PM

i saw a movie once with Snatchy Throttle in it. Worth every bit of the 29.99 room charge the hotel billed me.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Black View Post
i saw a movie once with Snatchy Throttle in it. Worth every bit of the 29.99 room charge the hotel billed me.
Starring Lee and Chet.....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Established Member

I asked my local shop same ? and they said if you sync the throttle bodies helps alot. I was gonna sell mine due to this issue.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

snatchy throttle

Hi Guys

Forgot to mentioned that the springs were already trimmed off. It helped a little but problem is still there. Based on what I heard that's how it is. It is the f4 characteristic and it cannot be tuned or solve. Some friend even suggested a misalign throttle body butterflies.

I will try to richen up the mixture a little at low rpm.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

snatchy throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdon003 View Post
I asked my local shop same ? and they said if you sync the throttle bodies helps alot. I was gonna sell mine due to this issue.
So finally did you sync it or sell it. Either way the problem disappeared?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM
lee

My F4 was never snatchy (not sure what you mean by that) but I did find the TB synch to be out by 4 cm's of mercury betwen 2 & 3. I can't really say it changed anything but at least they're where they belong.

Bite me Randy, bite bite me Randy.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode