Biposto Conversion - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_clarkie View Post
As luck would have it, my wife took one look and said "are you fucking nuts??" and will never hop on......
Having performance problems, eh Yo Yo? I've heard that little blue pill might help.....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Having performance problems, eh Yo Yo? I've heard that little blue pill might help.....
No need for the little blue pill, us F4 riders enough lead in our pencils to knock the bark off trees (mixing two metaphors but sticking to the WOOD theme).

You should be very careful when you take them; they tend to have a high incidence of making the ticker stop with old timers like you. You seem to have plenty to live for, and I see there is a waiting list for your daughter.

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Established Member

I originally had a 1+1, I found somebody with a Monoposto whom wanted a 1+1.. we did an even trade for seats, passenger pegs and subframe.. Cheap and easy way around the issue=

Coleman.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 07:58 AM

I'll buy your mono seat unit off you, if you want to sell it as I'd like both options especially if its the right colour already
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM

With the biposto model do you get a plastic cover to make it look like a mono like you do with most other bikes ??

I am still considering what to do regarding swapping my RC8 for a 312R, I was just concerned what the resale price will be like on the 312 when they bring out the new model. Are MV'S 'hard' to sell on as you never see many about.

You UK guys, when you hae been ringing around UK dealers, is there many new bikes for sale and are the dealers very eagr to sell you one to get rid of them ??

Weighing up my options ?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

talked to 3x motorcycles a couple of weeks ago there selling more 2nd hand ones than any new ones they have a few on there site

my missus insited i got a bip post that was 2 1/2 years ago shes never been on it and don't wanna go

but her lose not mine i might find some young damsill in distress in leathers briken down and give her a ride

here i go again on my own (sounds like a song)
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Established Member

Send a message via MSN to Furre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherion View Post
Thanks for the info guys, looking at it and it does seem a lot of work.

But it also seems that I might be able to source these parts for around 500 gbp?

This would still be cheaper than going px with dealer.

Unfortunately for me, is if I can't get this mv and convert it, then I won't be getting a mv right now

And trust me, I've been looking for a mv f4 for a long long time.

Dealers right now cheapest 11999 and considering a generous px, I will still have to fork out over 6k. RIght now, the deal is I add 4.

hmm

I think i need the following.

rear frame.
rear seat cowl for 1+1
undertray
pegs
heat shield.

Anything else?

You need:

New sub frame
New fairing with passenger seat
New footrests for passenger.

I got it all for 2006 F41000 in Red, was going to sell it to another forum member, but we never closed the deal.

Its pain to get a hold of, and i payed around 800 brand new for it from the UK.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode