Brake Upgrade? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Brake Upgrade?

Has anyone here upgraded the brakes on a F41000S? if so what ones did you put? i was thinking of changing to radial brembos but not to sure.. some ideas please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Do a quick search and you will find that many people have made that upgrade. Having always wanted to make the change myself, i believe most people have been pretty happy with the change.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 AM
ESP
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ESP
My Tamburini has Forged Monoblocks on it with upgraded lines, pumps and controls (Full GP System). The previous owner says the bike stops in a hurry.

I wish I could tell you how they are personally but I have not ridden the Tamburini yet. I'm considering putting the OEM brakes back on it and moving the system over to the Senna. Not to tag along on your thread or anything but I'm interested in what people say about your planed upgrade.

-Eric

Garage:

2005 Tambo #105 (Race Brembo Monoblocks, and controls, custom seat)
2006 Ducati Xerox 999R #172 (too much to list, show)
2006 Bimota DB6R Delirio #6 (Zard exhaust, red lamps)
2007 Senna #184 (Uprated pumps, rear sets, Ti bolts, controls, HID, Integrated rear led brakes turn signals)
2007 GSX-R Sixer (Ti/Ti/Cf pipe, Yosh Racing Cam, pwr commander)
2007 Aprilia SR-50 R Factory (Leo Pipe and weights, it goes 50!)
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Unless your last name is Rossi and are posting under a screen name, I wouldn't bother.

The stock brakes work fine on the street. If they don't work for you on the track, get some better pads. If you are still out riding your brakes, you are faster than most people here.

Now if you just want the bling of radial calipers, it is not a difficult swap.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
lee

Why not just go out on straight at a speed of your choice and squeeze the brake lever as hard as you dare. I would be willing to bet either you'll lock up the front wheel or the rear will come up. That being the case what's the gain to switching?

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Unless your last name is Rossi and are posting under a screen name, I wouldn't bother.

The stock brakes work fine on the street. If they don't work for you on the track, get some better pads. If you are still out riding your brakes, you are faster than most people here.

Now if you just want the bling of radial calipers, it is not a difficult swap.
Hundred per cent agree! The Nissin caliper are OK. Whenever there are problems with fading of efficency, in 99% of the cases is due to the pads. The original sinterized type are tramsmitting too much heat to the brake liquid which then starts to make bubles and the Brake pump lever becomes more and more "spongy".
With carbonmetallic or ceramic pads like Performance Friction (compound 95 or 07) or DID ZCOO all the problem will be solved.
The radial calipers have been designed to allow to change the diameter of the discs in function of the track or the weather, but after that they start to be "fashion"
Do you remember how Kevin swantz, wayne Rainey and all the others were braking? And they didn't have the radials caliper....................
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
This probably won't help either, but i just tried some iron rotors with XRAC pads on the track and they are 1000% better than the stock setup. Not only did they stop quicker, but there no fad at all, and that was during a day of braking from 150+ down to around 70 (i am guessing b/c no one in their right mind would be watching the speedo in the turn). If i had the money, i still wouldn't do the radials, i would buy more sets of the iron rotors! Just my $0.02, sorry it didn't help.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
Hundred per cent agree! The Nissin caliper are OK. Whenever there are problems with fading of efficency, in 99% of the cases is due to the pads. The original sinterized type are tramsmitting too much heat to the brake liquid which then starts to make bubles and the Brake pump lever becomes more and more "spongy".
With carbonmetallic or ceramic pads like Performance Friction (compound 95 or 07) or DID ZCOO all the problem will be solved.
The radial calipers have been designed to allow to change the diameter of the discs in function of the track or the weather, but after that they start to be "fashion"
Do you remember how Kevin swantz, wayne Rainey and all the others were braking? And they didn't have the radials caliper....................
Giuliano, you're always the same old tit

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM

I change to Brembo radial Brake Master Cylinder on my 2005 F4 AGO and it is day to night . I didn't change the calipers.
I absolutely love it. It is worth avery cent.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Giuliano, you're always the same old tit

.....Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode