f4CC - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Question f4CC

hi everyone i currently own a R1 08 model and want to buy the mv agusta f4CC from http://www.prestigemotorcycles.com.au and was wondering when will the f4 1078 RR 312's become just as good as the f4CC??? Is it worth waiting for the next supreme f4 bike or will the be many years down the track???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 AM

I think it's worth waiting until November's Milan show. I don't think the 312RR will evolve any further. But as a wild guess, maybe they may do a F4 "final edition" like they did with the 998.

As for "just as good", what are the difference between the F4CC and the 312RR? Asides from the carbon body, sculpted parts (rear sets), what are the other differences? I took a look at Prestige's site and they list:

* Over 90% of the components are individually tailor made
* Brake and clutch levers that “fold” at the tip in the event of a fall
* 1078 cc engine (same a 312RR)
* 200 CV maximum power with titanium racing exhaust system (you'd have to order separately)
* New timing system (is this on the 312RR?)
* Smaller alternator (is this on the 312RR?)
* One-off mechanical type slipper clutch (this is on the 312RR)
* New forks interior set-up and mono shock absorber
* Brembo Racing monoblock brakes
* Curb weight 187 kilos without fuel

I think the question for the F4CC is how well will it hold it's value. It's hard to spend $60K+ on a bike and not consider the depreciation. (I'm used $60 as a ball park since some dealers were discounting the F4CC without the jacket and watch).
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon3322 View Post
hi everyone i currently own a R1 08 model and want to buy the mv agusta f4CC from http://www.prestigemotorcycles.com.au and was wondering when will the f4 1078 RR 312's become just as good as the f4CC??? Is it worth waiting for the next supreme f4 bike or will the be many years down the track???
Simon,

I doubt prestige motorcycles has an F4 CC for sale.

Just to fill you in here in Australia the asking price for and F4 CC was $180k (against $33k for a F4 312R). There was a few months back an F4 CC for sale in Sydney (a unique one-off Biposto) for $140k.

A an offhand description is the F4 CC is a MV Agusta with a Carbon Fairing and 200hp motor (against a 312RR palstic fairing and 180hp). Viewing a CC in the flesh will reveal that it is a highly customised MV Agusta F4 with almost all anciliaies being hand made - quite beautiful in fact.

It is unlikely a replacement for the F4 in standard trim will ever exceed the F4 CC from a build perspective, however performance wise a newer model will eventually exceed the F4 CC. This however is largely a moot point as firstly not many owners are going to stretch the legs of a what must be the most expensive factory bike produced todate. And if performance is your only thing for the price of a F4 CC you can buy a F4 312RR and then upgrade the 312RR to exceed F4 CC performance and then with the change go and buy a F4 Tamburini or Ducati D16RR (or similar) - for the accountants you get the idea.

Hope this helps

Andrew...

PS My wife says "keep the Yamaha R1"
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 AM

I say go for it. $140k is not much considering it is the same cost as a Porsche Boxster S.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

here is the exaxt message i got from http://www.prestigemotorcycles.com.au when i emailed them "It has listed sale price of $ 185.000.00 plus on roads ifso be it. Spectacular motorcycle, if I can help further I can becontacted on (07) 3265 5540 or by return email. Kind Regards,David." thats the exact email i got back from them. Also another question from what andrew said you can upgrade the 312 rr is it possible to make the f4cc any lighter (or any other performance enhancing improvements)??? and what is everyones final verdict wait for a machine that outperforms the f4cc or buy it cause you will be waiting way too many years???
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

i say if you can afford to buy one then do it
looking at pics do not do this bike justice

when you look over it in the flesh you see more and more things that you didn't notice the 1st time round
everything is a work of art in its self the levers ,rearsets fork bottoms side plate even down to the steering damper and its mountings

and the paint work is just pure quality with the carbon showing thro

if i had the money i'd have one for sure fook everybody elses opion that it over expensive

mv cc for special ride outs
then buy a desmo rr for blasting around on
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 11:25 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
I think it's worth waiting until November's Milan show. I don't think the 312RR will evolve any further. But as a wild guess, maybe they may do a F4 "final edition" like they did with the 998.

As for "just as good", what are the difference between the F4CC and the 312RR? Asides from the carbon body, sculpted parts (rear sets), what are the other differences? I took a look at Prestige's site and they list:

* Over 90% of the components are individually tailor made
* Brake and clutch levers that “fold” at the tip in the event of a fall
* 1078 cc engine (same a 312RR)
* 200 CV maximum power with titanium racing exhaust system (you'd have to order separately)
* New timing system (is this on the 312RR?)
* Smaller alternator (is this on the 312RR?)
* One-off mechanical type slipper clutch (this is on the 312RR)
* New forks interior set-up and mono shock absorber
* Brembo Racing monoblock brakes
* Curb weight 187 kilos without fuel

I think the question for the F4CC is how well will it hold it's value. It's hard to spend $60K+ on a bike and not consider the depreciation. (I'm used $60 as a ball park since some dealers were discounting the F4CC without the jacket and watch).
Engine is not the same as 312RR, it has the variable intake bit like Tamburini and Veltro (1000cc machines). Also al Mg Parts are on there which the 312 does not have.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Buy it if you want the ultimate and final culmination of 'Motorcycle Art' as created by the world's greatest transportation designer, Massimo Tamburini.

If you're looking for maximum performance, it IS the best MV ever made, but will no doubt be surpassed in a few years.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

what do u reckon is faster around the track a desmosedici rr or the f4cc???
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 04:00 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode