Sputtering - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Sputtering

Hi Guys,

I couldn't find any information on my problem, so I'm hoping maybe someone would have an idea of the cause.

I have an 07 F4 with FBF's Silmoto pipes, and an ECU programmed by FBF last year.

After the pipes and the ECU were installed, when starting up the bike it would sputter for a minute or two before getting to a smooth idle. I lived with it and didn't complain to FBF since the idling would smooth out.

Now this year it seems that the sputtering would sometimes happen when I'm at a stop light and at times the bike would even shut off.

One thing I noticed is that it wont happen when I downshift and stop, the idling stays nice and smooth. But if I hold the clutch down and go straight to first gear and use my brakes to stop then the sputtering would start and sometimes my bike would stall.

So what do you think? Is it my ECU? Any help would be great!

Thanks

sTyLe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 PM

Try a different chip and see if it will happen again , I have a Silmotor pipes and FBF chip did not work for me. I m using AGO chip . It works to the point that I can live with it but I really need someone who can set it up properly !!! ( I have also PC but its useless unles someone can set it up properly) Knows anyone on east coast??? Im seriously thinking about driving to FBF with the bike for set up. (not a short trip from South Florida)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Nicolino...if you want your PC III dialed in I can recommend Chip Lincoln at Freedom Powersports in Atlanta. He knows Ducatis and MVs and has a new DynoJet dyno. He also has access to our friend Michael (ex-FBF race team tech and MV master) for Q&A (Michael now works for a scooter importer supporting their dealer network). Much closer for you then Pennsylvania.

You can call and talk to Chip at 770-974-6000

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode