Question for the 2008 312 owners. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Question for the 2008 312 owners.

Where discounts available when you bought your 2008 312R? If so, would you mind disclosing it (here or via PM)?

I ask because I'm considering a great deal on a 2008 312R but my F4S trade-in is less than favorable. So, I'm trying to find out if my "adjusted" discount would be consistent with what other 312 owners received. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 07:38 AM

Allan, I'm sure you've already thought of this, but don't forget, the trade-in value isn't charged sales tax when you buy the bike, a few hundred bucks savings there.

Chris

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to those who PM'ed me. And thanks Chris. As for tax, we've been working on the OTD price from the beginning.

I did have another question for those who came from a F4S and moved to a 312R. How do you like the 312R so far? Any regrets? I know the brakes are better, wheels are lighter, and it runs a bit hotter but how's the fueling and mid-range compared to the F4S?

I've been dragging with my decision since, well, if I miss out on the 312Rs, I can wait for the 312RR or a new bike. But I do need to make a decision before California doubles our vehicle registration fees on May 19th.

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 04-29-2009 at 02:37 AM.
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 03:36 AM
Banned

Cool

Dont do it allan
be cool

as I said before the chase is better than the catch

you are aware im in the U.K. but when I bought mine I got just over £2000 (Brittish Pounds) of the retail price

good luck on what you decide

6 months goes in quickly, I wonder what will be on show at Milan
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Established Member

If you have to think/try so hard about getting rid of your F4 for a new 312R, then in my book, it's not worth it and you'd probably not be THAT happy about it once you do get it. Remember the times when you wanted something, you JUST needed to have it? That feeling, obviously, is not there with this deal...

I paid $25500 OTD 15 months ago. I was debating whether I should buy it, but the price was a little high for me. A few months after I bought it, I thought I could have lived without it, though I still really enjoyed it. My other bike, on the other hand, would be the bike to keep for a long, long time, simply because I like it better and the price I paid played a part.

Last edited by spider; 04-29-2009 at 11:03 PM.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Gentlemen. I think you're right. If this was the next generation F4, I wouldn't even be thinking about it. Part of my frustration is having my F4S down for almost another month due to the radiator. MV Agusta USA graciously agreed to cover it under a goodwill warranty, but it's still taking a while -which is frustrating.

Now, what about that 1198?
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
Now, what about that 1198?

yes indeed; or even the 848

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...num=2&ct=image

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Banned

sorry thought that link was for the 848, but you can still see it on that link above

should i remove my e-moto signature now?
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 AM

I did not get any discounts $24995 OTD no sales tax for me. Also I got 3 oil filters, MV cover, Hat, T shirt, discount off some Hyper lite blinkers that are garbage. They were going to throw in a MV jacket but the 2 I picked they were out of stock so they say. So I got the other stuff instead. Not owning a F4S I am not help on that part. But I think from my limited Knowledge you are moving from an older machine to a newer bike which is always an upgrade. Wait on the 1078 and you might tell yourself you could have had a 312R for little less and felt just as good. I believe waiting on Milan to see what unveils could be an upset. If a new bike does unveil it wont be able till the following year if even then look how long the 1078 is taking. Plus I think the 312R has a little more disctinction then the previous bikes just on the name plaquer alone.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:49 PM

I Got Mine With No Discount At All!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode