Head Light Direction And Exhaust Questions 312R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Head Light Direction And Exhaust Questions 312R

My headlight on my UK 312R seems to be a left hand drive one it's sloping up to the wrong side of the road is this normal for the F4 or has someone fitted the wrong headlight at the factory?

Also I need some more noise out of the exhausts what are the options other than buying a set of RG3's can't really spend all that on it at the moment need to let the funds recover

Anyone got any slightly modified exhausts for sale?

Thanks in Advance

Buy the way I love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
if you don't like the headlight direction, try adjusting it using the allen adjusters by the light. When i installed my HID's they were pointed way in the air, it took a little adjustment, but eventually i got it straight. Check the manual for instructions if you haven't already checked.

Welcome to the club!!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 04:52 PM

I think that there is a UK version of the headlight available (that's what the dealer said when I bought mine), I dont know if you can fiddle with the settings and change the direction of the beam

...People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs...
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazjen View Post
My headlight on my UK 312R seems to be a left hand drive one it's sloping up to the wrong side of the road is this normal for the F4 or has someone fitted the wrong headlight at the factory?

Also I need some more noise out of the exhausts what are the options other than buying a set of RG3's can't really spend all that on it at the moment need to let the funds recover

Anyone got any slightly modified exhausts for sale?

Thanks in Advance

Buy the way I love it!
If the headlight points the wrong way then I suggest the importer should replace it with a compliant one (at thier expense). There are headlights for those of us countries that drive on the correct side of the road.

There are alternatives to the Arrow RG3 exhaust system but they aren't cheap (often even more expensive). You bought a premium bike and part of the deal is only premium parts are produced for it.

For more noise I suspect that the tail pipes could be removed and releived of some sound insulation. However it would be better to save your pennies and get a new ECU and system when funds permit.

PS in standard trim my 1000R was still quite vocal (much louder than the Jap alternatives). With an RG3 system it drones more and offers a sharper sound (especially when dropping throught the gears) however from the riders seat the RG3 system isn't hugely louder, since the mechanical cacophony from the engine still overwhelms the exhaust note at all revs.

Look up the for sale forum, occasionally things come-up.

Andrew...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 08:38 PM

Regarding the exhaust a lot of Aussie's on here have had their stock systems modified. Costs roughly AUD$300 (150 pounds) and works fine without an ECU change. Basically they remove the silencers and blow a hole in the internal piping to the air flows straight through rather than looping around in the muffler. I think mini me has a thread about it on here.

They sound absolutely brilliant when done. Any decent motorbike exhaust shop should be able to do it for you.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
lee

You can get a louder song by drilling out the rivets which hold the tips in place, replace the perforated tubes with solid SS tubes and rerivet the tips back on. Do not remove the sound insulation as it doubles as a heat insulator.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode