Insurance for SPR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Insurance for SPR

I find myself strangely addicted to this site....hope its sunny this weekend so I can ride my bike rather than just ask question on it.....but I have a very important question....Insurance.....I seem to be having trouble finding an insurance company that can find an MV Agusta F4 750 SPR on their register.....very annoying as it takes 10 minutes of small talk only to be told they cant quote....am i unlucky or can any other UK rider tell me where to call. Iam looking for limited mileage of <2k a year but dont want to limit my fun too much. help needed as the call will go in tomorrow in preparation for a great weekend/summer/years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Established Member

Ebike or bennetts are the 2 that I normally check first. I'm sure I saw an SPR listed on the bennetts site when I renewed this year. Worth a try if you've not done so already.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 AM

Any Luck?

I've just moved to the UK, left my SPR in the states. I'm actually looking to sell mine now, since even the standard 750's are coming up at over £3000/yr for my situation (only been in UK for 6 months) so I haven't even bothered pursuing further, but would be interested to know what rates you got quoted.

Thanks
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

I found Royal sun alliance t be very helpful.....I think that was through Swinton but I did restrict the milage to <2000k a year and had to get a decent alarm fitted. &#163;300 quid a year was reasonable.....A new Blade was 3x that amount for your reference.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:34 AM

I just search on confused.com, if its unrealistic try phoning the companies direct and speaking to someone if you feel there are factors the forms don't cover.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby SPR View Post
I find myself strangely addicted to this site....
Not me.......

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:01 AM

Auntie Carole have both of mine (2000 F4S+1, 07 1000R), found (as with my car insurance) that it's a complete waste of time using aggregate sites/mainstream insurers as even if they DO quote, the price is WAY high ....

2000 F4750 - SilMoto Pipes ē 2007 F1000R - Gilles Rearsets, Carbon everywhere, HM Quickshifter, PCIII ē 2000 996SPS - AP Brakes, JHP Slipper Clutch, QuickShifter
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Strangely, I'm now with The Motorcycle Insurer, which is part of Carole (armpit?) via Confused. It was cheaper than going direct to C/N. Weird World.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode