Here's my deal: 2008 312R for $20,000 out the door. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Here's my deal: 2008 312R for $20,000 out the door.

That includes 9.25% CA sales tax and registration. On the surface it sounds like a no brainer but here's the full story.

-2008 312R Black/white mono: $20,000 OTD
-2006 F4S trade-in: $8,800. Why? Because it reflects the $1,200 for the 7,500 service. If I already paid for the service, the trade would be $10,000.

I don't really want to do a private sale unless it's over $12,500 since I'd be paying $1,200 for the service anyway and because I really hate private sales because of all the tire kickers, people who just want to ride the bike, and last minute low ballers (you know the type that say I'll take it for $12,000 but when they show up, they're $500 short). That said....

Think I should pull the trigger on the 312 or just hold on to my F4S for another year or two? In terms of my F4, it may be down for another two or three weeks due to a radiator crack but Cagiva USA did say they would honor the warranty even though it's expired.

PS: I don't think the $20K OTD for a 312 is exclusive to me. If you want one, let me know and I'll set you up. It's an easier decision for me if someone else takes the 312. And keep in mind that's with a CA sale tax of 9.25%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

So, without the 9.25% CA sales tax, that's about $18,000.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 PM

In all honesty I've had this discussion in my own head over and over again.

If you have an S but want the latest and greatest, by all means go for the 312R.

Here's how I feel.

I like the S. It's THE original and every F4 1000 will have evolved from the S. The S represents a point in history when MV finally stepped up and pulled their finger out. lol So the S gets tons of respect for what it represented at that time. Kind of like the Ducati 916.

If I had an MV 1000R, then I'd go ahead and get the 312.

Plus I can't get over the STAR Wheels. The new wheels on all the new models just ruins it for me.

2005 MV F4-1000S
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 03:08 AM
Established Member

Yep I have to agree with Turbo. The 312R just isn't $11200 better than your 1000S.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 AM

i say wait till the end of the year

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 AM

my decision is to keep my 06--for one thing, i like the matte black finish, and also there's about $5k in work on it. i know in my heart that if i bought a new stock bike, i wouldn't be happy until i spent ANOTHER $5k on carbon fiber, exhaust etc. so any price i negotiate, i'd have to add $5k to it...

do i'll keep it. but i understand your really wanting a new bike too. any chance you'll consider a second bike? like maybe a monster or brutale for around town? you've got the f4--a new f4 wouldn't really bring much to the table that you don't have now. me for instance, i'm getting the new bmw k1300gt. totally different bike--like have a ferrari (mv) and a x5 (k1300gt) in the garage--complete package.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Black View Post
my decision is to keep my 06--for one thing, i like the matte black finish, and also there's about $5k in work on it. i know in my heart that if i bought a new stock bike, i wouldn't be happy until i spent ANOTHER $5k on carbon fiber, exhaust etc. so any price i negotiate, i'd have to add $5k to it...

do i'll keep it. but i understand your really wanting a new bike too. any chance you'll consider a second bike? like maybe a monster or brutale for around town? you've got the f4--a new f4 wouldn't really bring much to the table that you don't have now. me for instance, i'm getting the new bmw k1300gt. totally different bike--like have a ferrari (mv) and a x5 (k1300gt) in the garage--complete package.
+1

That new BMW 1300S is sweet! I wouldn't mind having one of those in the ol' stable.

2005 MV F4-1000S
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Black View Post

Well, I did consider adding a second bike (like an 848 or Monster) but I'm not riding enough to really justify having two. That's sort of what happened with the Tricolore. I ride to work almost every day and it was just getting used like once a week.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80 View Post
i say wait till the end of the year
That is the most logical and rational decision! Looks like I'm paying for the 7,500 service where I keep my bike or trade-in and not to mention I'm the guy who keeps saying Milan 2009 will be the year of the new bike!!!

And I think the biggest problem is there's the rational side of me saying, you already have an MV, you don't need one, and even if you do - why now? But then, MV lust isn't very rational and $20K OTD for a 312 is like $8K off. I think, in CA, a 312 would be a bit over $28K at full MSRP - which is what the 1078 F4 will be since most are on a pre-order basis.

I thought of taking to a Shrink about this MV complusion, but unless he had an MV, he won't be able to relate. And, if I found one with an MV, he'd probably say get it.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
If I had an MV 1000R, then I'd go ahead and get the 312.

Plus I can't get over the STAR Wheels. The new wheels on all the new models just ruins it for me.
I'm not to found of the black wheels either which is part of my reasoning for looking at the pearl white/black F4. At least the lower half is consistently dark. Not found of the 1078's paint schemes also. My guess is the traditional colors and lighter colored wheels will make a comeback when the new bike comes out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode