Bestem Carbon - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Bestem Carbon

For those of you interested the carbon from Bestem (www.bestemusa.com) I purchased the electric covers and RAM air ducts.

Photo set of the installed parts are in my gallery.

Overall the quality is good for the price. A few pin holes and weave variance but acceptable if your on a budget. The weldnut holes on the ducts were slightly undersized and required reaming. Vent grill holes were missing but were simple to add. All the parts fit without issue.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Cool

More like a child's DIY kit then?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Yep.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclura View Post
For those of you interested the carbon from Bestem (www.bestemusa.com) I purchased the electric covers and RAM air ducts...All the parts fit without issue.
How closely does it compare to MV Corse carbon - have you seen them both together to compare?

You come out of corners with the bike sideways like the Beautiful Holy Mother! -- Valentino Rossi, on racing Superbikes vs. GP

2009 Triumph Bonneville SE
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
2006 MV Agusta F41000S
2000 Honda VFR 800 (RIP ...)
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1983 Suzuki XN85 Turbo (x3)
1979 Honda CBX
1977 Laverda 1000 Jota
1974 Norton 850 Commando
1963 Matchless G15/45
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the question and timely for this addendum to my previous post.

These are not a substitute for MV Corse carbon in quality, finish or fit. I knew that before purchasing given the price differential.

When I made the post earlier today I hadn't finished reassembling the bike. Without the fairings the parts seemed to have an acceptable fit around the frame and components. But tonight when I installed the side fairings, the contour of the mating seams between the bottom of the air duct and upper fairing has gaps, particularly the right side. Tomorrow I'll see if the ducts can be adjusted to narrow the gap, if not I'll return them.

For the price I don't mind investing some work in fitting, reaming holes or drilling them, but there's no fixing contour.

The best answer to your question the ducts would make acceptable for a track bike, and I'm having serious doubts for anything else. I'll follow up with more photos.

In an email tonight "Fred's Connexion", Senior Member here, wrote about his serious stories of woe purchasing carbon from various suppliers and on eBay - having returned everything he's received to date. Problems included: part didn't fit, holes in the wrong place, to big - too small, etc. He's recently placed an order with Carbon World and should be getting parts in a few weeks. Hope the results are good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode