Need some help Buying a F4 Please! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to spegr
Need some help Buying a F4 Please!

I need your help.......looking for a 2006 F4 in Red/Silver. This is my first choice because I like the paint/body style, and what i've heard you guys say about the ride. And THAT is what it's all about. This will be my first Agusta....love the lines and want to step away from the Ducati'esk crowd, just like the sound of a Agusta better.

How much is too much to spend? I am finding that a 2006 F4
is going anywhere from $13000-$15000 with 1000 miles to 14000 miles. The prices seem all over the place, and quite frankly a litle high for a 3 soon to be 4 yr old bike. Why is a Senna so high? What do you get performance wise that you dont get on a F4? I found a sweet looking 2006 F4 at a BMW dealer in FL, but the guy wasnt so helpful and wants $14900 for it, (1055 miles)
I was thinking more like $12000? Am I way off on these bikes....or are they real greedy?

I saw one for $11500 with low miles in FL but didnt get to it quick enough. Is there a good source in the US besides Craigslist, Oodle. Motorcycle Trader or Ebay?

One more question...once I get this bike.....what are my aftermarket header/pipe choices other than Arrow? Do they make a DB Killer for the F4 like the Brutale?

Any help or for sale leads will be greatly appreciated.......
V/R

Grant
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard.

I wouldn't spend more than 11 on an '06.

Sennas are high because there are fewer than 300 of them and they have quite a few upgrades over the standard F4.

Go here to see what the difference: www.mvagusta.com
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM

Just spent US$9ish on an '05, the US market should be a bit lower, don't assume asking price is settling price. - If I did I would have paid $12k!!!!!

There are a couple of other companies that make pipes (MotoCorse for example), however the bill will be about half what you are paying for the bike.

Best advise may be (someone help me out here), to look for one already running the RG3's + No Cat + Chip, would probably add $500-$1000 to sell price, but costs a hell of a lot more than that to buy later.

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM

I took a look at Cycletrader and noticed the range for a F4 1000S in the $11 to $15K range. I didn't count the rebuilt one for $10K. Just my $.02 but I think $12K would be a fair price and you could find a bike reasonably soon. I think $14K is too high for an F4S.

And for what it's worth, I did talk to two California dealers last week about trade-in and they were at $10K and $11K. I figure they could get $14K since they don't have any F4S or F4Rs in stock.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post

I wouldn't spend more than 11 on an '06.
you sonovabitch.

j/k!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_clarkie View Post
Just spent US$9ish on an '05, the US market should be a bit lower, don't assume asking price is settling price.
I doubt you'd find a good condition F4S going for $9K in the States unless you wait for someone really desperate to sell to make a mortgage payment.

I'm thinking there are two kinds of MV sellers. The first needs the cash and how much they sell depends on how desperate they are for cash.

The second is someone who's bored with the bike and wants something new. If dealers are offering $10 to $11K on trade, then why would they go through the hassle of selling the bike privately for $10 to $11K? Also, I've found a few car dealers willing to take an MV on trade and still offer huge discounts on their cars (like $10 - $15K off). That kind of discount would easily make up for trading in an F4 for $9K.

In my case, being the second type of seller, is that there isn't really anything out there that interests me. If the 312RR, RSV4, or maybe a KTM RC8 were available, that might be a different story. I think you'll see more MVs for sale toward the end of the year or early next year when these new bikes are available.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to spegr
Thanks for the insight guy's....I thought I was on to something...........I wouldn't mind paying $12k for a 1000 mile bike if it's what I want and it's nice. I just prefer the paint and graphics on the 05-06 over the 2007 model F4. But I'd rather put the extra $2k towards pipes and performance than someone's profit margin.

The heart wants what the heart wants....know what I mean.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
I doubt you'd find a good condition F4S going for $9K in the States unless you wait for someone really desperate to sell to make a mortgage payment.
Wow, for the first time EVER, its cheaper to get something here (other than sheep, kiwifruit and drift cars) than in the US, usually we pay a 50% premium. Nothing is selling quickly here and I had a choice of 4 from $9-10.5k.

Great news for current US owners if the price holds up a bit.

To your other comment, we have the RC8 and the 312RR here, so perhaps that has knocked the F4S back a bit? Don't think they have sold more than a handful of the RRs yet and I am yet to see an RC8 on the road, so maybe not.

So, SPGR, ignore my comments as not relevant to your market.

Dave

Happiness is Red and Silver.

Last edited by yo_clarkie; 04-08-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode