Looks like my 2000 750 has had some work done - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Well i can see that it has for sure been ported and looks like the enginr has been apart before looking at the rtv squeezed out between the cases and what not.. I am sure that the bike itself is not an oro, but there are some suspect pieces on the bike. Air ducts are pure carbon and until i strip the crap paint from the fairings to find out if they are carbon or fiberglass maybe those also. The undertail is carbon as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:18 AM

All the carbon parts You mentioned where easily available from MV Agusta Corse at first and later by other Carbon Bakeries.
My F4S has MV Agusta Corse CF front fender + Air Dam, Air Ducts, Tank, Air Box, Battery Tray, Under Seat Tray, Tail unit, Fairing Stays.
Some other manufacturers CF as the little Air Box covers, upper and lower chain guard, radiator guard,...
Expensive but still today available.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Oh ok, thats good to know
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 02:59 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
But the S has the better engine I would say.
The Evo 2 / Evo 3 / SPR and SR engines are superior so far as clutch and piston engineering changes that were made in 2001.
There are other slight differences too such as the intercooler but no big deal.
They make a little more horsepower too thanks to revised valve angles.

To live with, the Oro would drive you nuts as it only has one radiator (although heavily ducted).
The SPR and SR have hand ported heads and 500 more RPMs to play with, but their tall and gearboxes are less enjoyable than the standard ratios I hear. Also no magnesium or carbon goodies which is odd - it's a heavy bike, especially for a racebike. Same weight as the GSXR750 of the era, 20kg lighter than the ZX7R, but 30kg heavier than the RSV Mille (all measurements I've made).

IMO all 750's need the cam chain tensioner upgrade (see numerous legacy posts) and benefit from improved cooling measures.

So in conclusion, the thread starter has a standard 750 motor with normal production markings used by the subcontractors. If its got a 15T sprocket fitted as original then it's an Evo2/3 motor.

F4 750: EVO2 engine, CNC Mitchs Hub, CNC water pump, FBF clip ons, Uprated chain tensioner, PCIII, Ceramic headers, RG3s, Talon 520 conversion, Oro wheels, +40,000miles and counting.......
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:14 PM

Does anyone happen to know the production number for the 2000 Mv 750? Last I knew it was around 330 and out of that 180 made it state side. I have no clue if those numbers are correct but thats what I remember. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode