F4 1078 - Noob Q's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

F4 1078 - Noob Q's

Hey

Just acquired an '09 F4 1078 with about 1K on the clock. Been reading a lot of posts on the F4 and had a coupla Q's.

1) Mods:
Kinda like to keep the bike as stock as possible, so not talking bling (she looks super model hot, I'm a fashion victim so getting fluffy dice may not be appropriate ) Not talking about the usual raditor guard etc either, but anything specific for the F4 to prevent problems etc
I've found Donsy's post:
"All you need to know...":
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107834
What seems mandatory is:
Wellnuts
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32557
Radiator Bracket
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135929

Seems there's a few things about the bike running hot (fans etc), but my riding is all mountain twisties and stock setup seems OK to me. I have ridden in city traffic once and it was definately a case of chestnuts roasting on an open fire, its extremely unlikely that'll happen often.

2) Bar Risers:
I'm old, short and fat so finding I'm fighting my way around the tank on chicane type corners. Found some old posts about FBF risers and CycleCat.
FBF enables you to raise the angle of the bars, I've seen photos so have an idea of what its about and it'll likely do. Would be interested if someone had photos of the CycleCat option, though seems a lot more involved with having to replace/move the reservoirs as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Once was warrior, now just wuss.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trophy Wife GSXR 1000 K6; Smoking Hot Mistress F4 1078 '09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 11:47 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Welcome to the madhouse....

Do a search on rear hub issues. You'll want to ensure your chain and pinchbolts are correctly adjusted.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 12:20 PM

consider getting the rad strengthening bracket, gotojoe on this site used to keep them
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 01:11 PM

you may want to look at a Bodis exhaust to lighten and make the bike sound better
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
you may want to look at a Bodis exhaust to lighten and make the bike sound better
+1 A decent exhaust is the first way to go and Bodis is a nice example, in that case add a sport air filter (DNA or BMC).
The radiator bracket, chain adjustment checking and a MV Corse improved water impeller are in my opinion the main things to consider.
If you want to go even further you can change the plastic fuel connector with a metal part avoinding to break more easily...and I think that s about it. Enjoy the bike
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Welcome to the madhouse....

Do a search on rear hub issues. You'll want to ensure your chain and pinchbolts are correctly adjusted.
Thx for the heads up. More reading todo.

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
consider getting the rad strengthening bracket, gotojoe on this site used to keep them
Thx, its on the list.

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
Thx, will look at it, though I do love the look/sound of the stock.

post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAMIS View Post
+1 A decent exhaust is the first way to go and Bodis is a nice example, in that case add a sport air filter (DNA or BMC).
The radiator bracket, chain adjustment checking and a MV Corse improved water impeller are in my opinion the main things to consider.
If you want to go even further you can change the plastic fuel connector with a metal part avoinding to break more easily...and I think that s about it. Enjoy the bike
Thx for the ideas. Would have to be dead not to enjoy the 1078.

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 10:38 AM

See my posts on the forum as I have the same year and model! What color is yours?

James M.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode