Newish 750 F4 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Newish 750 F4

Afternoon all, been reading a while, but just joined. Been riding ducks for the last..well a long time, sold them all off in fall and am now trying something a little different.
Picked up a 2000 750 F4 on Friday, just under 3k miles and is shows. Last 4 of the Vin shows 0018, so it's an early one.
The F4 is so much more refined than the duck superbikes, easy to ride, wet clutch is no brain easy, power is smooth. Overall very fun to ride.
Mine came with an aftermarket exhaust and eprom, receipts said MV Corse slip on, but looks Ferracci. Previous own dynoed it at 110 hp, fueling looks pretty good. New pilot powers. Has a pretty extensive maintenance history for only 3k.
Just going through the bike now, you'll notice the little side covers off, need to get new wellnuts, and missing a dzus. Fluids look like new, cleaned and oiled the air filter. Rear bearings run cool and feel solid, have receipts from them being replaced.
Guess it's time to finally pack some miles on this old bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Drewbert34 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 06:50 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum and the MV family mate. Bike looks great, those are definatly Silmotor pipes, also sold by FBF with their name on in the past.
Enjoy the ride.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 PM

Do us a favour and peel that Michelin sticker off. What a great bike. Looks fab. Id be tempted to put stock cans back on myself, but I guess if its running well might mess it up. So so. Love it and welcome. Oh, and probably should look at upgrading the heat shield inside the fairing, especially right hand side and lower belly pan. Maybe heat wrap the headers through to the mid link pipe as well if you are really paranoid. Fairing can melt if you get caught out in traffic on a hot day.

Last edited by squibby; 05-15-2016 at 10:45 PM.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 12:16 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up Welcome!

Replace the rear wellnuts for the injector covers with rivnuts.......

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 05-19-2016 at 03:32 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 12:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Welcome RJ...now for some business:
Let us know from where you hail...

If you have well-nut issues, especially for those injector covers, make certain you have the little brass ferrule from each well-nut. The rear-most two can fall into the intake tract when they fail and cause very bad things to happen inside your motor. It's a design flaw that could be fatal for your bike.

Also, do a thorough clean-lube-inspection of your rear hub. Another weak point.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info all.
When I went to clean the air filter I made sure I got the brass insert and all of the well nut bits out.
Ill have to look into finding some M4 rivnuts, all the ones i have around the house are for aircraft.
I had not read about the heat issue with the fairings, ill look into this. The heat shields are still on the fairings, but from what you all say this may not be enough.
From the receipts I believe the rear hub has been gone through, but I will pull it apart and take a look soon just to be safe.
When I got it the original exhaust was installed, but it seemed to be running pretty rich with it on. With the silpons on it now it runs really nice.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 09:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
PM me your mailing address and I will send you four....

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 10:07 AM

I like that bike..I see there are no metal meshes on the air outlets..I like that too...

Has this F4 got twin radiators or is it as I suspect a single radiator bike ?

welcome !

joe
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 10:54 AM

New Site Garage
being a 2000 model Joe it should only have a single rad unless its been retro fitted, the wheels are silver and should be an anthracite black so they have been changed or painted. Looks great and such low miles, would like to know if the low mileage has given any trouble due to lack of use (my rear cush drives crumbled over time.) Enjoy, love the 750 engine it howls.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! silentservice703 I very much appreciate the rivnut offer, Ill take you up on that, expect a PM.

gotojo, I didn't know there was supposed to be mesh on any of the outlets, ill have to take a look at some pictures and see what they look like.

Also yes this is a dual radiator bike, I believe the first owner spared no expense on it and had it added. The setup works really well, I was out for about 30 miles yesterday, temp was about 65deg and the bike barely got up to 160deg. I know it also has the plastic fans.

Yes the wheels were painted by the original owner also, I have the paperwork for it. The story I was told was he saw a 2004 F4 and liked the silver wheels better, so he had the MV dealer paint them.

As for lack of use, so far it runs pretty good, I have a lot of receipts for the dealer fixing many small issues. As for overall condition, there was a good bit of light surface corrosion on bare metal and cad parts. So i spent a large portion of the day yesterday just cleaning it with a magic eraser and it is really starting to look like a 3k mile bike again. Mostly its just dirt and oils from sitting so much of its life.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode