F4 LED H3 low beam globe - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Lightbulb F4 LED H3 low beam globe

Has anybody tried using an LED H3 low beam lamp in their F4?
If so, any recommendations?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 03:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Most of those JUST bulbs work poorly because they arent a single point of light so the reflectors dont hit it right. Its much better doing HID.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 PM

I have looked into this quite a bit lately as I'm wanting to remove my HID (yes it's nice but all the hardware takes up space and is a pain when I take the bike apart). It seems as if they have come a long way and now are just as bright, if not more bright then HID... the problem is that they are just as large. The newer ones has some large heat syncs on the back side of the bulb, and the harness has a small box similar to an HID setup... so it's not very beneficial if you are comparing the two. Only thing is there is 0 clearance behind that rubber cover that covers the access hole to the bulb... and anything that sticks out more than normal, say a hest synced led bulb, will not let that cover go back on leaving it open all the time.

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 07:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
The issue isnt brightness but the way our reflectors are engineered. The only way they get the brightness is to have a big panel of LEDs, not one singular point of light. Our housings are designed for all of the light to come out of that tiny little filament inside the halogen bulb. A matched HID bulb (if its good) replicates that by putting its little gas inner bulb in the same spot. That means the accurate cut-off is maintained and the light pattern isnt modified. Having anything but that singular point means you are putting out an odd light pattern and possibly even sending light above the road, blinding people.

The new ballasts are ridiculously small anymore anyway. I had no issue putting a DDMtuning slim ballast between my dash and the nose cone by building a small bracket and using the dash mounting nuts to hold it in place. Just get the slim 35w (I think, whichever is smaller) ballast and run it. You dont need the bigger, one, the smallest is still going to double your light.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:39 PM

Talking about bulbs, i have this question about what type of upgrade white bulb can replace the OEM high beam bulb (which it doesn t lit anything). Looks like its not easy (impossible according to this electrician i know.....) to find the same fitment. Would you know what type can i use?
Thank you for any info you could give me on this matter ( F4 1000R 2006)
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 09:23 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
If you don't want to go to HID,there are many high performance halogen globes on the market that are safe for polycarbonate lenses and don't use more power.I use Narva Plus 100 globes which are great.Phillips also make more powerful globes.You need a high "Lumin" (think that's how you spell it).Same wattage as original but high Lumin is the way to go.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 04:19 AM

I did have HID, for the low beam, but worked fine until it started to go out sometimes. Tried a new bulb, then tried a new ballast, and was happening the same problem, and the electrician wasn t able to sorted out, so now he got me a nice H3 bulb to the low beam, but to the high beam bulb replacement he told me the fitting was different, and that he couldn t find a bulb that could match the socket...
Let me look for those refferences you gave me. Do you know the reference number/letter, those you mencioned?
Cheers, Mitchy
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 04:26 AM

I just made a search, and Narva is found in Australia but in Europe must be Osram or Phillips the brands to look for. But i m still lost. Its not H3, H4 nor H7...so what is it...
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 05:36 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Here is one-

Name:  12336whvs2-pid-global-001.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  43.4 KB

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 10:11 AM

It is H3 after all. Is it my impression, or the socket connective part is different from the usual one? I say this because the electrician was telling my mechanic that the connection was different from the usual one...are you surge i can use thos bulb for the high beam?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode