MV F4 Oro on ebay auction in UK - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

MV F4 Oro on ebay auction in UK

Interesting to see where this ends? Don't see them for sale to often.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-F4-Seri...kAAOSwoydWlTeu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Big Randaddy

Why would you think that top triple clamp is so scuffed?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 10:24 PM

I don't think it is scuffed. Just needs a good clean up. Hard to tell without seeing in the flesh though. Photos make it hard to pick up the extent of flaws.

2000 F4 750
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 02:56 AM
Established Member

It went to GBP 6,766.00. Interesting. If that is as high as people are willing to bid, what does this tell us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrford Ranger View Post
Interesting to see where this ends? Don't see them for sale to often.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-F4-Seri...kAAOSwoydWlTeu
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 03:17 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Why would you think that top triple clamp is so scuffed?
That's the standard finish on the early top yokes.. ( rough casing on the sections that weren't polished)..

Interesting to see the very early versions of the service book and owners hand book front covers..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 05:43 PM

Bit of a bizarre auction imo. Italian bike for sale on ebay UK. Fairly undesirable from that viewpoint especially to the UK customer. It wasnt even located in the UK, would be bidding on faith and photos or a flight to Italy. It reached a fair price imo.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Established Member

There are people asking that price (and more) for standard F4s here in Australia. If I was living in England I would have grabbed it at that price. Fly to Italy, check it out hand over the cash and ride it back. That sort of distance is what I am looking at here to try to get a standard F4. eg, Melbourne to Rockhampton.
If 6700 ($12,700) is a fair price for a 3800Km Oro, what is a standard 750 F4 worth?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 08:20 PM

I would not read too much into that. Don't be surprised to see it up for sale again. A common Ebay tactic is to have someone bid up your item so it doesn't go at a steal. I suspect that is what happened here.... That is an insane price.

2000 F4 750
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 08:56 PM

Get real guys, it did not sell at that price. That is ridiculously low for an Oro, just no real bidders only idiots that thought maybe they could steal it
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrilp400 View Post
There are people asking that price (and more) for standard F4s here in Australia. If I was living in England I would have grabbed it at that price. Fly to Italy, check it out hand over the cash and ride it back. That sort of distance is what I am looking at here to try to get a standard F4. eg, Melbourne to Rockhampton.
If 6700 ($12,700) is a fair price for a 3800Km Oro, what is a standard 750 F4 worth?
For someone in England to buy an a non-UK registered bike in Italy over an internet auction is a massive leap of faith. For anyone brought up in a densely populated european country, the distance and culture change between Italy and the UK are worlds apart. Its not like someone on the east coast of US buying a bike from the west coast, or someone in victoria buying a bike from Western Australia. Thsts why I say it reached a fair price under those circumstances. It has no bearing on how much an australian registered ORO is worth IN australia in my opinion. No bearing whatsoever. Wish we could get deals like that over here though!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode