MV Agusta Forum banner

new f4 1000 owner needs help

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fazer6 
#1 ·
greetings. I am a newbie. Bought a totalled 05 f4 at the salvage auction with a busted sump and smashed header, and needing gauges. MV's server/sight was down and ferracci's can't get a sump or prices so i am going to weld this one up. But before i spend 2 hours cutting, straightening and re-weldind the smashed header, any one have a take-off stock one to sell cheap? I am dying to hear this thing light up! Any gauges? ? I think it should, but will it run without them? Also, i am handy enough, so could i just cut out the converter to help it exhale better without having to do any ecu changes? Would that move the power band up and take away bottom end? All I have had is mostly ducs, all thru th 916-998 series, now have a reconstructed 999, and 1098. How does this compare to them . for low end grunt on the street? Not sure how much money I want to put into exhaust parts now just to hear it run, as I may not keep it if i dont enjoy it as much as the twins on the street . Or it may be a good track bike. Cheers, kent

#5 ·
I wouldn't recommend running without the header pipe. My understanding is that the header helps conduct heat away from the heads and that by running without them it's a good way to crack a valve or the head casting. Besides, it'll run like crap.

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.