MV Agusta Forum banner

Removing forks

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  u1-2go 
#1 ·
Has anyone removed the forks on the F4? I need to replace my seals. I am very mechanically inclined but I do not want to get into something I shouldnt with no knowledge. I was told by a buddy the hardest part is removing the front wheel and making sure I loosen the end cap? because if it is to tight then they would have to find a way to hold the fork from turning. anyone mind taking a pic or giving me a heads up? and lastly on my list of wants and trying to not Sh*^T in the other hand to see what fills up first. Where can I download the maintenance manual for the 312.

#2 ·
Has anyone removed the forks on the F4? I need to replace my seals. I am very mechanically inclined but I do not want to get into something I shouldnt with no knowledge. I was told by a buddy the hardest part is removing the front wheel and making sure I loosen the end cap? because if it is to tight then they would have to find a way to hold the fork from turning. anyone mind taking a pic or giving me a heads up? and lastly on my list of wants and trying to not Sh*^T in the other hand to see what fills up first. Where can I download the maintenance manual for the 312.

I just mailed you the info you need, good luck!!

#4 ·
it's pretty simple if you have the right tools

unlock the forks caps (just break them loose)
place the bike on rear stand, then lift the front up by using the correct type stand, ie under the lower triple tree
remove the calipers and front wheel
remove the fairings, all of it as you'll need to remove the air tunnels to unbolt the lower clamp
remove the clip ons
unlock the bolts on the lower clamp (6 of them)
then unlock the top clamp while holding the fork leg and slide it down thru the triple trees

do one leg at a time.

#6 ·
I can feel a banning coming on here.........................................

ALVIN

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:
Agreed........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.